Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iFretless Brass & Heavy Brass Solo Trumpet Audio Demo

Guys do any of you have some audio samples? I looked and Dougs video of Heavy Brass doesn't show the Solo Trumpet and iFretless video didn't really give me an accurate sound as if was recorded with a mic.

I like Heavy Brass cause it's AUv3 but not universal $10 bucks right now.

iFretless Brass is universal and I'm getting a bundle deal for $15 bucks for all three apps, Brass, Guitar and Sax.

Which one should I get guys?

Comments

• Use the trumpet in ThumbJam

• Thanks bro
    Think I'm gonna go for iFretless bundle as I do not have a good Acoustic nylon string and heard some really nice audio samples of that one.

• I bought ifretless brass and heavy brass about a year ago. I was new to the iOS music world and wanted to produce decent brass like on classic Motown albums.

So I was really new at the time and saw a review on YouTube along the lines of 'pretty much the best brass you'll get on iOS'.

So I started using it, and yeah, in some ways it can be quite authentic, say if you're literally making a nice slow pace brass band (like a matching band?) bit of music. The lowest notes in both those apps sound tremendous.

But for my use... For a trumpet sound with a very strong presence in Motown music, often used as backing a vocal line in a verse or chorus, or just as punctuation after a line, I found it underwhelming. I just didn't really find I could produce enough dynamics in the sound for it to sound near to natural.

Having said that, I was using only touchscreen to play back then. If you had a midi keyboard with modulation and volume controls, it could probably sound better.

Heavy brass has a good range of recorded samples though. There are crescendos, doubled up instruments, drops, tremelos. I can't knock it for that, they have covered A LOT of scenarios.

Looking back I might have been too harsh on both those apps. I should try again with keyboard. Perhaps it was that I listened just waaayy too much Motown brass that my expectations were too high. Or maybe I'm just seeing the ceiling of what you can do on iOS with more compact sounds libraries...

For example if you tried certain brass libraries on a PC, three samples are higher quality and would take many many gigabytes.

I had the same venture with strings too. I bought isymphonic orchestra. Which is also 'the best on iOS'. However.. most of the recordings have a slow attack, which makes them almost useless if you want to create those classic disco strings. You just can't make the impact. Again, beautifully recorded up and down the pitches but more suitable in some music which may have lots of layers; something meandering.

As an alternative (but with very high price tag) check out Hollywood strings on desktop platforms. Ridiculously high quality sample sets. When you buy, they literally send you a hard drive totaling multi-terabytes of recordings.

• Here’s a quick excerpt from fooling around with iFretless Brass with TingJing MIDI Rotator (driven by my WX11 wind controller).

• Maybe try (I know, I know) SampleTank or Beathawk...

ThumbJam's pretty nice. Got some "bwat" fast attack.

• @Enkerli thanks for audio sample.

@audiblevideo thanks will try.