Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sequencer: Infinite Looper, midiSTEPs, modstep, or BeatHawk???

2»

Comments

• Got Genome MIDI Sequencer
    Thanks ;-)

Fugue.... I am not sure that this is my thing or needed for me.

So far, I hope that I am finished with new Apps... for some time

• Today, I played a bit with Genome, Infinite Looper and MidiSTEPs.

So far, I like Genome most, but need some time more with Infinite Looper.
    midiSTEPs seems a bit basic compared to them, but I need some more time with it too.

It still found no time for modstep and Thesis, so also need more time.

Thanks for your recommendations!

• @tja said:
    Today, I played a bit with Genome, Infinite Looper and MidiSTEPs.

So far, I like Genome most, but need some time more with Infinite Looper.
    midiSTEPs seems a bit basic compared to them, but I need some more time with it too.

It still found no time for modstep and Thesis, so also need more time.

Thanks for your recommendations!

The current modstep beta has perfectly integrated audiobus3 midi. I think Once it is out for the public it will see a LOT more use now..,,

• Very interesting :-)))

Any timeline for this?

• @tja said:
    Very interesting :-)))

Any timeline for this?

i have no clue. could be a week. could be months. on the bright side its pretty stable :D

• And?

Was this beta already made public?

• Yeah the current Modstep release has Audiobus midi :)

• Ahhhhhhh :D

Did not notice that!

Thanks a bunch, going to test :)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@tja said:
    Very interesting :-)))

Any timeline for this?

i have no clue. could be a week. could be months. on the bright side its pretty stable :D

Ah man...good to hear...i truly love modstep...good to hear it’s getting some love..

• Don't forget about Xequence. It is my personal favorite. I only regret it's not audiobus3 integrated. It's a bit clumsy to always switch back and forth between Xequence and AUM / AB3. Also the need to save projects separately in both apps is not ideal.
    But other than that, xequence is THE sequencer, period. I have worked with garageband, gadget, Beatmaker3, cubasis and few others and none of them has sequencer as comfortable and fun to use as xequence. I can't say for modstep but I didn't really liked it from the videos I've seen. Xequence seems so much more polished and respects the nature of touch interface. Many awesome shortcuts and beautiful melody generator called polyhymnia are makes it simply lightyears ahead of competitors.
    (Sorry for the enthusiasm, I just fell in love with it recently 🙂)

• @skrat said:
    Don't forget about Xequence

It has been tempting me lately. Just didn't bite the bullet yet because I know I would have to pay beyond the basic price (with some/all of its iAPs) and I still think Modstep or Genome can work for me. But they have been gathering dust lately! :lol:

• edited July 2018

@senhorlampada said:

@skrat said:
    Don't forget about Xequence

It has been tempting me lately. Just didn't bite the bullet yet because I know I would have to pay beyond the basic price (with some/all of its iAPs) and I still think Modstep or Genome can work for me. But they have been gathering dust lately! :lol:

That's true. It's quite pricey (for the iOS world), the overall package is I think more than $30. But I quite like this business model - you can get the look and feel together with basic functionality for a price of few beers / coffees and if you want more, depending on your needs, throw in few more bucks. You may not need polyhymnia, if you don't like the idea of generating music. But if it's a standalone app, no one would complain for those $4. There are many similar and less capable apps for higher prices.

• edited July 2018

Xequence is the best for me. Good design and versatile keyboad.

• @skrat said:

But I quite like this business model

Same here :wink:
    I just gotta recognize that some apps won't get used anymore and gotta retire them for something new that works better (Tabletop (among others) cough cough) :lol:

• I need to get back into modstep it’s never really stuck with me, but it’s very useful in theory. I also need to bite the bullet and shell out the $12 or so for Xequence I hear good things and the manual seems to suggest any time signature is possible. As for Infinite Looper, I’ve heard good things, it’s expensive, but the developer has said it does not do time signatures 1.5 years ago and last I saw it still does not do them, and that will kill any usefullness for me. Sure I play in 4\4 enough, but learning a workflow that can’t even do a fraction of what I like to do is a huge waste of time.