Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Most Realistc Trumpet Sound

Anyone know of a good app? AUv3 preferred but if not it's ok. Thanks!

Comments

• edited June 2017

None. All you can find it's between awful and passable.

• Me, after a big curry.

• IFretless Brass sounds very good to me.

• I'm no expert (just a former trumpet player), but ThumbJam's trumpet has the advantage of a nice UI along with a decent sound.

• @Brain said:
    I'm no expert (just a former trumpet player), but ThumbJam's trumpet has the advantage of a nice UI along with a decent sound.

>

Ah yes, that is also lovely.

• ThumbJam omg totally forgot this gem!

• edited June 2017

@MusicMan4Christ
    The Harmon mute on Thumbjam is a favorite.

There is another one is well past passable, really quite good:
    Heavy Brass by Christian Schoenebeck d/b/a Crudebyte
    https://appsto.re/us/E2529.i

Also it's AU

• Gonna chbe cck this one out! I just got iSymphonic and I'm totally in love with the sound quality!

@Littlewoodg said:

@MusicMan4Christ
    The Harmon mute on Thumbjam is a favorite.

There is another one is well past passable, really quite good:
    Heavy Brass by Christian Schoenebeck d/b/a Crudebyte
    https://appsto.re/us/E2529.i

Also it's AU

• Just picked up Heavy Brass. With some well placed trickery I think it will be awesome.

• Trumpet... ok:
    Notion has great brass instruments, if you are into notation.
    Miroslav packets 1&2 in Sampletank, and iSymphonic from crudebyte, have best orchestral sounds.
    ISymphonic is also AUv3, so you can use it on multiple tracks.
    I use both, together with my Yamaha Tyros 4 workstation, to make orchestral productions and movie soundtracks.

• Trying to find sound demos of the solo trumpets in heavy Brass anyone have any?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    ThumbJam omg totally forgot this gem!

Thumbjam has nice trumpets sounds... use it with Geoshred as Midi controller for awesome sounds.... bends

I have Ifretless brass and sax too. TJ rocks

• I was gonna get iFretless Brass as it's giving me a great bundle deal but I don't have enough for the bundlebrigjt now, so TJ is gonna suffice for now I guess. I still wanna hear some Heavy Brass app Solo Trumpet sounds.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I was gonna get iFretless Brass as it's giving me a great bundle deal but I don't have enough for the bundlebrigjt now, so TJ is gonna suffice for now I guess. I still wanna hear some Heavy Brass app Solo Trumpet sounds.

• Does anyone know how to program vibrato in ThumbJam to be controlled from my midi controller?

• Does anyone know how to program vibrato in ThumbJam to be controlled from my midi controller? @sonosaurus is there a way to do this? Appreciate the help.

• ThumbJam with the free Tonal Energy downloads.

• Have a link for those?

@JeffChasteen said:
    ThumbJam with the free Tonal Energy downloads.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Have a link for those?

@JeffChasteen said:
    ThumbJam with the free Tonal Energy downloads.

Sure.
    Go to SOUNDS (upper left corner of app)
    Go down to DOWNLOAD SAMPLES
    Choose TonalEnergy Symphonic Winds
    DOWNLOAD
    (You will have to program your own bend/pitch parameters for each of them)
    You are good to go.
    Glad to help.

• Although, the TE trumpet is probably the weakest of that set. TJ's normal trumpet (and muted variety) are probably on the good side of passable, I think, at least for pop/jazz.

• Was playing it in comparison to Chris Boti's Trumpet and wow your Trumpet sound is so awesome! Just wish I could add vibrato thru my controller.

@sonosaurus said:
    Although, the TE trumpet is probably the weakest of that set. TJ's normal trumpet (and muted variety) are probably on the good side of passable, I think, at least for pop/jazz.

• Thanks! What is your controller?

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Was playing it in comparison to Chris Boti's Trumpet and wow your Trumpet sound is so awesome! Just wish I could add vibrato thru my controller.

@sonosaurus said:
    Although, the TE trumpet is probably the weakest of that set. TJ's normal trumpet (and muted variety) are probably on the good side of passable, I think, at least for pop/jazz.

• edited June 2017

@sonosaurus it's the M-Audio Axium Air mini 32.

• Downloaded TE Trumpet and yeah the one in TJ is way better even after adding effects. @sonosaurus is it multi samples??

• Of course, all the TJ instruments are multi-sampled! Only a few have velocity layers though (upright piano, Wurli, Hang), that is something I hope to remedy in any future instruments.

• What would be the best way to add vibrato to the Trumpet sound? I know Cubasis has an effect for that but I wonder if it's possible in app?

@sonosaurus said:
    Of course, all the TJ instruments are multi-sampled! Only a few have velocity layers though (upright piano, Wurli, Hang), that is something I hope to remedy in any future instruments.

• Playing it with geo shred is pretty amazing. I know it's not an external controller but...

• Also go into edit in tj and turn on vibrato and check finger. That's nice as well

• Yeah in TJ I saw the option for finger or other options as well as off, but the UI in GeoShred doesn't click with my brain. Even tho I'm a natural guitar player although I play by ear only.

I find the external controller or even the keyboard layout more understandable to me.

Just wondered if there was a way in midi options or something. Might be something to do with the sample itself I think. I really liked the Trumpet samples in TJ! When I added reverb and delay wow, I played along with Chris Botti on Spotify and it sounded soooo good!
    Just wish I could add vibrato to make it more realistic and intimate sounding.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Yeah in TJ I saw the option for finger or other options as well as off, but the UI in GeoShred doesn't click with my brain. Even tho I'm a natural guitar player although I play by ear only.

I find the external controller or even the keyboard layout more understandable to me.

Just wondered if there was a way in midi options or something. Might be something to do with the sample itself I think. I really liked the Trumpet samples in TJ! When I added reverb and delay wow, I played along with Chris Botti on Spotify and it sounded soooo good!
    Just wish I could add vibrato to make it more realistic and intimate sounding.

Are you trying to control TJ's trumpet vibrato and tremolo from another controller?
    TJ's own GUI and control surface (for vibrato and tremolo for example) far surpasses most controllers available in device, it's one of the most expressive control surfaces in iOS...sorry I'm just not clear what you're after.