Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Happy 40th God Save the Queen

Comments

• Oh dear. Remember laughing at my mum because she was so outraged/dismissive.....The Grand Circle delivers another arse-kicking...

• Steve!
    I love that man.

• As a youngster I found The Stranglers and XTC scarier than the Pistols. I do enjoy the Bollocks though.

• Funny, in the 'most favourite songwriter' thread, I was tempted to put Mike Batt, tied with Chris Spedding, but (or perhaps of course) it would have led to at least one or two Wombles videos, as a lot of their greatest hits were Batt / Spedding works of art. Chris Spedding is one of my heroes in a funny sort of way, as he is to a considerable amount of people, almost all of who think they too are the only ones who admire his work and existence. He has dodged fame in exactly that way, which I think is a bit unfair all in all. However, he was there, producing Sex Pistols, and probably not after all laying down the guitar tracks (apparently, that rumour wasn't founded), but heavily influencing a lot of what happened which influenced a lot of what was to come.

• edited May 2017

The first time I listened to 'Never Mind The Bollocks' it gave me a headache, and I thought 'this is the next revolution.' Right here, right now.

Not like the mind-blowing Bowie TOTP appearance a few years earlier, which gave a generation permission to do whatever they wanted, creatively and artistically. No, this was the hard edged revolution, which would challenge the establishment. And it did, for a while, scaring the suits so much they wouldn't dare let 'God Save The Queen' be number one. :)

Years later Johnny Rotten would become a butter salesman, but still capable of talking the talk and a kind of national treasure. Then I got to shake the hand of Sex Pistol Glen Matlock, and have a short chat at a solo gig in a local theatre. If only Sid had never happened, I said, "He didn't." Matlock replied with a wry smile.

• One of the first proper punks I saw was Alison Moyet of Yazoo fame. Me and my mates were hanging around the local park, like all good teens do. She was a few years older, and about a foot taller and terrified us.

• @MonzoPro said:
    One of the first proper punks I saw was Alison Moyet of Yazoo fame. Me and my mates were hanging around the local park, like all good teens do. She was a few years older, and about a foot taller and terrified us.

Love that. Some damn voice.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:
    One of the first proper punks I saw was Alison Moyet of Yazoo fame. Me and my mates were hanging around the local park, like all good teens do. She was a few years older, and about a foot taller and terrified us.

Love that. Some damn voice.

Yeah she's great, she was quite a character in her teens. Spilled a pint on me once, but I didn't complain. My mate was in her class at school and still visits her occasionally.

Funny watching all the scary local punks morph into New Romantics. The only scary thing about them was the kilts.

Me, I've always been a beatnik hippy freak, though I did dye my long hair green for a few months after punk.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MonzoPro said:
    Funny watching all the scary local punks morph into New Romantics. The only scary thing about them was the kilts.

Nice. ;)

One act I recall was Bow Wow Wow; I think featuring Adam Ant's band, originally with Boy George as the singer, under the name Lieutenant Lush. Then he got bounced in favour of Anabella LuWin....who could have been very successful, if her stroppy teenager mentality hadn't messed things up just when fame was building.

• Brings this fun little ditty from Mel's Rock Pile to mind for some reason.

• edited May 2017

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Nice. ;)

One act I recall was Bow Wow Wow; I think featuring Adam Ant's band, originally with Boy George as the singer, under the name Lieutenant Lush. Then he got bounced in favour of Anabella LuWin....who could have been very successful, if her stroppy teenager mentality hadn't messed things up just when fame was building.

He was good, Mr Ant. Pretty clever, and out-there stuff.

My mates were into the obscure punk flavours, like Eater and The Tubes.

• @MonzoPro said:
    My mates were into the obscure punk flavours, like Eater and The Tubes.

>

Loved the Tubes. I recall a dark humour promo, where they pretended to meet a fan on the streets of New York.

"Hey, aren't you guys the Tubes?" The stooge asked.

After admitting they were, Fee and the boy's surrounded him and pretended to beat him senseless. No messing with Johnny Bugger.

• I have a feeling we gonna have a wave like this again in the UK as soon as Tory win the elections

• @supadom said:

I have a feeling we gonna have a wave like this again in the UK as soon as Tory win the elections

I may be heading the charge. I've gone all political on my FB lol :p

• ISTM that all prominent players in the GE are capable of inspiring the feelings required to write great songs.

Whether the likes of Ed Sheehan or Harry Styles will ever write anything as good as 'God Save The Queen' or 'Tramp Down The Dirt' is far less certain.

• @Tritonman said:
    Brings this fun little ditty from Mel's Rock Pile to mind for some reason.

Dwahah, took me a sec to recognize my fellow countryfolk.

• They kicked America in the teeth, making that breath of fresh air all the more satisfying.

LOVE The Sex Pistols.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@supadom said:

I have a feeling we gonna have a wave like this again in the UK as soon as Tory win the elections

I may be heading the charge. I've gone all political on my FB lol :p

Punks still going strong it just went underground, got more serious with its politics and more diverse with regards mixing the genres. There's so many good bands around at the mo, many of the old ones and lots of new ones too, they just don't get any decent coverage in the main stream media check out bands like the inner terrestrials, subhumans, public order act, spanner, the Sporadics, oi polloi, Mercurious rising I could list so many more. Also it's more linked up with other underground genres now, you get gigs in squatted warehouses where there's techno and drum and bass sound systems playing alongside crews putting bands on or on traveller sites with djs playing alongside bands and small venues with folk acts playing with reggae and ska bands and dbeat punk bands and metal bands ect loosely all united under the banner of sticking two fingers up at the tories, the cuts, trump, far right, capitalism, climate change ect.. we just need more people to get involved, putting gigs on, promoting ect and hopefully the wave can turn into a fucking tsunami :-)

• @supanorton said:
    They kicked America in the teeth, making that breath of fresh air all the more satisfying.

LOVE The Sex Pistols.

The first British Invasion, in the early 60's really did kick our US friends into action. Before the Beatles, the US charts were filled with people called Bobby, in preppy suits, singing about rubber balls, etc. After the Beatles, all the great original acts such as Chuck Berry and Little Richard got some credit and respect, and a whole generation of new acts, such as the Doors, finally got their chance.

With Punk, the idea was invented by groups such as the New York Dolls and the Ramones. But, because the life of a British teen was very different to that of an American teen, and the political landscape in the UK was even more different and desperate, the vital ingredient of authenticity only arrived when the Brits took the Punk principle, and meant it....right up until they had the chance to make big bucks, and sold out. Except for Elvis Costello, who torpedoed his own career while very drunk. Such is life. (-;

But for a few spit filled months, the Sex Pistols were articulating anger, making great rock 'n' roll, and scaring the establishment. Gawd bless 'em.

• edited May 2017

Punk was of course quite important and God Save the Queen was a great anthem, but the real music revolution came a month later with Donna Summer's I Feel Love (released July 2nd 1977)

• @AudioGus said:

@Tritonman said:
    Brings this fun little ditty from Mel's Rock Pile to mind for some reason.

Dwahah, took me a sec to recognize my fellow countryfolk.

Yes that's John Candy playing the kit. "I hate the bloody queen, she won't let me smoke my dope." Bwahahaha!

• edited May 2017

@mannix said:

>

For sure, a LOT of people copied it. Along with the rhythmically similar Supernature by Cerone (English lyric by Lene Lovitch)

BTW, So sad that Donna Summer was an indirect victim of 9/11, from breathing in all the rubbish in the air, that day. :'(