Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aum help please

I'm trying on iPhone to have multiple channels using different recordings on the file player all linked up to aufx space but can only have said fx app on one channel..

Is there any way to use the same fx more than once??

Comments

• edited May 2017

Use a mix bus. Send each othe file players to mix bus A. Then create another channel with the input as mix bus A. Add space as the effect and all the file players should go through it.

• Thanks! Can you please screen shot how a mix bus is set up? I'm a midiot lol

• What he said. I may shoot a video later, this topic seems like something that could help other people out.

• @gsm909 said:

@gsm909 said:

Thanks..going to try

• @gmslayton said:
    What he said. I may shoot a video later, this topic seems like something that could help other people out.

@gmslayton said:
    What he said. I may shoot a video later, this topic seems like something that could help other people out.

@gmslayton said:

Yes please... aum tuts will be appreciated :)

• wimwim
    edited May 2017

I would do this differently. Instead of sending the whole signal of both through the reverb, I put it on a separate bus, but send a variable amount per channel. You don't often want exactly the same amount of reverb on every instrument. In the example below:

• All tracks go to a master bus (bus H)
    • Reverb is on bus A
    • There is a send to bus A for each to independently adjust the send level. I like to set this post-fader. If it's pre-fader, then the amount sent to the reverb is constant no matter how you adjust the channel volume (which is OK if that's the way you want it),
    • The reverb is set to 100% wet (important) so that the dry signal isn't doubled up.
    • The fader of bus A (reverb) track is used to control the overall reverb level.

• Wim, as ever, clear and concise. Thanks.

• Thanks. It's fun to try to break things down clearly. I'm allergic to making videos though I admire those who do.

• Thanks wim for the great tip!
    Placed note in my "how to use AUM" folder (^-^)

• Exactly what I need! Love this forum! <3

• I highly suggest you hunt down @gmslayton's find from a week or two ago for more comprehensive coverage of the topic.