Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: The Different Computer of Laurie Spiegel

Comments

• edited May 2017

Never heard of her. Fascinating. Thanks for exposing me to this true artist pioneer.

• nice, thank you!

• Yeah, she's something. I read that quote in a piece awhile back and it immediately got my attention:

"I automate whatever can be automated to be freer to focus on those aspects of music that can't be automated. The challenge is to figure out which is which."

• Who here owned Music Mouse?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Yeah, she's something. I read that quote in a piece awhile back and it immediately got my attention:

"I automate whatever can be automated to be freer to focus on those aspects of music that can't be automated. The challenge is to figure out which is which."

That struck me too. Good one.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Who here owned Music Mouse?

Considered it when I was using an Amiga. Got Octamed and Bars & Pipes instead.

• edited May 2017

Been a fan of hers forever. Don't know what's up with that pic though...

• Oh I love her

• edited May 2017

@oat_phipps said:
    Oh I love her

I know. I always imagined my one true love/soulmate would be a librarian (hair tied back, glasses), but I'm coming around...

• This track is so great. https://open.spotify.com/track/5hvby0ADaIb9YoHP4Ko1qR

I love the drones and stuff too.

• edited May 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The hotness.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

Yes. For my Mac Plus, way back. Very innovative program.

• @anickt said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

Definitely had Music Mouse as well as Bars&Pipes (still miss it) - also had a great time with M

• @wigglelights said:

@anickt said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

Definitely had Music Mouse as well as Bars&Pipes (still miss it) - also had a great time with M

Nice to see other Amiga users here. Loved Bars&Pipes (honorable mention to MusicX). Also got much use out of Music Mouse back in the day. Seems like a lifetime ago. All my amiga's and software are now in storage but I still have them;) With TC-Data I don't miss music mouse as much.

• Listened to that whole piece and thought it was recent. That's from 1979! Sounds just as relevant as today.

• http://retiary.org/ls/
    (Laurie pages & pics)
    thanks for introducing @JohnnyGoodyear

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Been a fan of hers forever. Don't know what's up with that pic though...

It looks like they pulled all her old gear out of storage to build a tiny wall around. That's not how she works, though, with a full size loft to play in. Surprised she let them do it, unless it was her idea. Most of that gear is very delicate, given its age. Not how to treat it.