Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ChordPolyPad chord midi player app released from the makers of StepPolyArp.

Comments

• Since its a midi controller, you can control an AB compatible app. I like the ability to find chords based on scales.

• edited September 2013

The benefit of AB is to have the app switching function.

• edited September 2013

Ok, I'm sold after watching demo. Back to 1st step. This is how you intro a product. Great demos.

• Already bought it. Sure winner. Soundprims Pro, Chordion and this. Tools for inspiration and crafting.

• edited September 2013

I'll pick it up later today, but wanted to know how are the internal sounds?

• Looks very utilitarian. Not too sure I need it but I'm sure it meets a LOT of people's needs.

• I think it looks pretty awesome and I'm sure I'll end up picking it up. Curious why they didn't bring AB support right out of the gate though. Love SPA. Quality app. And this is universal too. Even better.

• The X/Y assignments for the Pads sold me and the ability to quickly adapt chords with inversions etc. I am no huge theory guy so this speeds my process up quite a bit :) and the X/Y mod's will be a treat to have in Live 9 controlling Omnisphere, Massive and my other Synths :)

Just did a quick test with soundprism PRO in the input slot running through AU:FX Dub into AU:FX Space. Getting Midi Input from ChordPolyPad....and I didn't even go through the process of hanging StepPolyArp in the middle which I will do later on :)

Love this kind of modularity :)

• Did some experimentation with it this afternoon. I love it, actually, It is close to the app I was looking for in the past weeks ;-) The UI feels smooth, excellent pad performance, xy-control in pads, versatile in midi connections. 11 internal instruments, mainly pianos and pads. I like these sounds, though I will probably use the app mostly as a midi controller for external sources. So, first impression: great app!

• @Marinus I totally agree. Great app.

• I'm with both of you. I like how it auto names chords as you add notes and the x-y control makes it very fun.

• @funjunkie I thought you'd be joining this party.

• Yeah....I was due. Just had all that money piling up ;-)

• Well, this one was a no brainier.

• Yep...no buyer's remorse on this one.

• I hate money, so I bought this app. Also, it's almost everything I wanted Chordion to be. I suspect they left out AB as it is probably going to take advantage of whatever iOS7 has to offer. I still think they should add AB support though.

• I hate money, so I bought this app.

LOL, I'm so lifting that phrase from you >:)

I love the name of this app... its like all these new apps are just an amalgam of the same few words/syllables. Kinda like on the Simpsons when Homer started his new tech company, Compu-Global-Hyper-Mega-Net!

• edited September 2013

FYI you can swipe to navigate menu on right.

• Audiobus support will be added in future update ;o) It is more easy to add Audiobus after the application is released on the AppStore for registering.

Laurent

• Looks pretty awesome. But as someone who is trying to learn to play keys better, and improve his music theory, I feel it would be better to do things the long way for now. Definite tempting though! Maybe it would be a good learning tool.

• @lostmemories That's great news. ChordPolyPad is awesome. One feature that would be very useful would be a hold button, and ability to put a drum loop in a pad. I don't always want to leave a app to start up a drum machine when sketching out ideas. Just a thought.

• Awesome little app. Love it. At first I was trying to figure out why I needed this over Chordion, but holy wow, it's a lot more. Absolutely no buyers remorse. Yay.

• edited September 2013

Sell it to me (I just wanna buy something). The video with the auto tuned singing only showed an app that triggers chords with pads? Does it register when you drag your finger across a pad, and makes it possible to strum etc that way?

• edited September 2013

@ChrisG, exactly right. There is configurable strumming on each pad. But, on top of that, you can configure filters to affect different pads as well with the x/y. You can also configure controller pads to affect other pads as you play. Check out the videos, and I think you should probably set aside 8.99 now...

http://laurentcolson.com/chordpolypad.html

And...another huge win for me was that it's a universal app (unlike their step poly arp, unfortunately - not sure how many other folks out there are using iPhones to make their tunes, but I still do...)

• edited September 2013

Thanks, didn't know there were more videos. I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything else from the AppStore this month, but...I can always make the same promise next month

• Hi
    Just downloaded chordpolypad. It's amazing, absolute great missing app. Also the workflow is very intuitive, spend some hours on it.

Another 3 features and this app will be the No 1:

• The strum function could me longer (slower)
    • Audiobus support (already discussed)
    • Please give us a pattern sequencer, let me explain....
      1 pressed chord should be 1 pattern. All defined patterns are playing one by one in a row, with a repeat function. For example: C - Am (strum) - F - G (then repeat the entire section). This would be a perfect way to make automated chord progressions (like Chordbot, but with Midi Out to control external or internal gear / apps).
      This feature requires also a BPM feature and a selectable pattern lenght duration of the chord 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4. Finally the chord progression should be able to save.

What do other ipad musicans think about this feature requests?

Anyway - this app is one of the best like StepPolyArp!
    Great job!
    JR