Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Memorial Day app sale, which to pick up?!

Seems like several app makers are having a Memorial Day sale...

M3000 Ultimate Edition $40.99 (On Sale, $74.99)
50th Anniversary Edition Mellotronics M3000 $6.99 (On Sale, $11.99)
Sopranotron $3.99 (On Sale, $7.99)
BIAS Amp $4.99 (On Sale, $19.99)
BIAS Amp for iPhone $4.99 (On Sale, $19.99)
BIAS FX $9.99 (On Sale, $19.99)
JamUp Pro $4.99 (On Sale, $19.99)
Final Touch $2.99 (On Sale, $19.99)
Troublemaker $8.99 (On Sale, $9.99)
Phasemaker $7.99 (On Sale, $9.99)
SomaFM Radio Player Free (On Sale, $7.99)
Aurora Sound Studio $1.99 (On Sale, $3.99)
Self-a-Fuzz $5.99 (On Sale, $6.99)
SessionBand for iPad $0.99 (On Sale, $2.99)
SessionBand for iPhone $0.99 (On Sale, $1.99)
dot Melody $2.99 (On Sale, $4.99)
Redshrike Synthesizer $5.99 (On Sale, $7.99)
TB MIDI Stuff $3.99 (On Sale, $4.99)
iTuttle $0.99 (On Sale, $2.99)

Source (and links to all the apps): https://discchord.com/appnews/2017/05/23/app-sales

What are some good ones to pick up?

Comments

• Phasemaker and Troublemaker are permanent pricedrops. Due to the recent price increases in the Euro region I wanted to bring them back below €10. B)

• You know you're in "trouble" when you are only missing a couple of apps on any sales list. :/ :p :)

• Strangely I've only got a few on there, but Dot Melody, Phasemaker and Troublemaker are all worth having - and with those three you can run them together.

• @brambos said:
    Phasemaker and Troublemaker are permanent pricedrops. Due to the recent price increases in the Euro region I wanted to bring them back below €10. B)

>

Already bought both, but good to know you are thinking of stuff like this to help and encourage customers. :)

The app that is on sale at over $40 just makes me smile. I wonder how many people used to more usual IOS pricing buy such apps. Some must, I suppose, or it wouldn't be available. As for buying at the full price of almost $75, that is a heck of a lot for this market.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Strangely I've only got a few on there, but Dot Melody, Phasemaker and Troublemaker are all worth having - and with those three you can run them together.

>

Final Touch is a steal at the price above, if you aren't already using Fab Filters for mastering.

• Bias Amp and FX are steals for that money if you're into that kind of thing ('tone' being subjective, your mileage may differ, etc).

• Since the brambos are permanent drops (not to say you shouldn't get them now anyway), I'd say the one to get is M3000 if you want or need a mellotron. The cheapest it's ever been is $35.

Don't overlook Self-a-Fuzz though...that thing is unique and a monster.

• edited May 2017

@brambos said:
    Phasemaker and Troublemaker are permanent pricedrops. Due to the recent price increases in the Euro region I wanted to bring them back below €10. B)

Very smart move! A lot of apps went through the €10 or €20 barrier, which makes them somehow harder to buy when you shop in Euros. Good examples are AUM now €20.99 (was €18.99) or Cubasis €54,99 (was €49.99). And most of all those el cheapo apps that were €0.99 and are now €1.09 and were instant buys/ tries.

Since the price increase of apps in the Eurozone I hardly buy apps anymore. I know it's maybe just psychological but the price increase makes it feel you spend much more. It's in my eyes not really a smart tactical move from Apple.

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Strangely I've only got a few on there, but Dot Melody, Phasemaker and Troublemaker are all worth having - and with those three you can run them together.

>

Final Touch is a steal at the price above, if you aren't already using Fab Filters for mastering.

I haven't got that - I've got the Fabfilter EQ, but most of my stuff is recorded live in AUM these days. Is it working ok with everything?

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Bias Amp and FX are steals for that money if you're into that kind of thing ('tone' being subjective, your mileage may differ, etc).

Positive are fucking with the prices as the price history for final touch clearly shows

• @DeVlaeminck said:

@TheVimFuego said:
    Bias Amp and FX are steals for that money if you're into that kind of thing ('tone' being subjective, your mileage may differ, etc).

Positive are fucking with the prices as the price history for final touch clearly shows

How does this affect how good I think my guitar sounds through their apps?

Many developers discount the apps quite regularly, presumably to attract people on the fence.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I haven't got that - I've got the Fabfilter EQ, but most of my stuff is recorded live in AUM these days. Is it working ok with everything?

>

Last time I tried it, Final Touch worked a treat with most apps. I was exporting tracks to it that I'd recorded in AUM and Cubasis, then using the excellent presets as a starting point, before exporting the results up to Dropbox.

I should explain that at the moment I don't have it installed, to save ever decreasing space, and because I invested in Fab Filters. However, if and when I upgrade iPads and have the luxury of more space, for sure Final Touch will return!

• @mannix said:
    Since the price increase of apps in the Eurozone I hardly buy apps anymore.

>

While always happy to get a good deal, and agreeing that Apple are greedy wotsits, prices would have to increase a great deal more to stop me buying apps. I probably think about it for longer, now, and hold apps in my wish list while researching them, etc.

But unless the Buddhists are right, we only have one life. I nearly lost mine a couple of months back when a chronic condition went crazy, so now my attitude is more inclined to enjoying every day. If that means grabbing an app that should be a few dollars less, then so be it.

• The OP is a bit vague with regard to your focus. Are you a guitarist? Keyboardist? Into studio mixing/mastering? Looking for a fun diversion?

Most of the apps in your list are worth owning based on quality, but only if they fall into the right category for you.

Without this information, people will tend to respond with what they've found useful in their unique experiences.

• Left field: Sopranotron (if you use it, you'll use it). Bargain: iTuttle.

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

Last time I tried it, Final Touch worked a treat with most apps. I was exporting tracks to it that I'd recorded in AUM and Cubasis, then using the excellent presets as a starting point, before exporting the results up to Dropbox.

I should explain that at the moment I don't have it installed, to save ever decreasing space, and because I invested in Fab Filters. However, if and when I upgrade iPads and have the luxury of more space, for sure Final Touch will return!

Ah ok thanks - will have a look at some vids!

• @MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

I got it a long time ago, back when they'd also yo-yo'd the price down to $3... I think I paid even less than that, but it doesn't show anything lower on appshopper.

It's ok, but it used to be really buggy for me. Later updates seemed to have fixed it mostly, but I can't think of anytime I've actually used it more than playing around to see what it'd do. I like the controls of the stereo effects pretty well, if you're jonesin' to buy something.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Left field: Sopranotron (if you use it, you'll use it). Bargain: iTuttle.

+1 on iTuttle... a great purchase even at full price IMHO

• @skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

I got it a long time ago, back when they'd also yo-yo'd the price down to $3... I think I paid even less than that, but it doesn't show anything lower on appshopper.

It's ok, but it used to be really buggy for me. Later updates seemed to have fixed it mostly, but I can't think of anytime I've actually used it more than playing around to see what it'd do. I like the controls of the stereo effects pretty well, if you're jonesin' to buy something.

Oh ok thanks. Not in a rush to spend money....might actually save my pennies for the Layer update - blown away by the new soundscape presets.

• @brambos said:

so you're saying we should wait for a real sale then? ;)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

sopranotron seems cool, not sure if i'll bite though

• @vpich said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Is there much range to the sounds in this or is it just a bunch of a few oohs and aahs?

• @Jocphone said:

@vpich said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Is there much range to the sounds in this or is it just a bunch of a few oohs and aahs?

based on a quick view of the soundtestroom review it seems you can edit stuff together and get pretty creative , definitely seems to be much more control than regular keyboard choir patches

• Agree @vpich. Of its sort it's the most of its sort.

• @brambos said:

Im in America but you are the shit for this sir. That why we love you

• damn I have all those all ready lol

• If there yet be doubt, get thee hence and grab thyself an M3000 - looks like you can still get the base pack for 7 bucks US, and add on soundpacks later. And iTuttle =. No-brainer for a dollar.

• I just noticed another thread here that mentions that BeatHawk is having a half price sale on all sound expansions. I just got about $40 worth of expansions for about $20. :smiley:

• Well that Omenie sale was quick. They always drop for like 3 hours

• Hey, iTuttle sounds great, a lot like Sunrizer. No Link, but for 99¢ it's pretty interesting.