Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Noob: Digital Audio from iPad -> PC

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking for a few weeks after finally getting a new iPad. But I've been away from mobile music making for too long and have a beginner question -- how can I get digital (i.e. non-headphone jack) from my iPad to my Windows 10 machine? It looks like if I had a mac I could just plug the lightning cable into my machine and pass that audio right through, but I can't find a similar solution for PC.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, and should keep the process separate between making music on iPad and then using dropbox export, etc. once I'm ready to work in my DAW. In any case, thanks for all the amazing app recommendations and info. Although my wallet has been mumbling rude things about all of you under its breath. ;)

Comments

• Hi there :)
    You need a hardware interface like iconnectaudio4 or similar or more cheaply you can use the StudioMux app and a plugin in your Daw.

• Thanks @Carnbot, not sure how I missed the iconnect!

• I didn't get the iconnect midi2+ to work at all on my laptop and pc-windows 10.
    What works for me is Alesis contro hub
    One way only >>IPad to PC midi and audio