Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Op-1 into AUM and some fx

Arpy ambient thing I was jamming on, blown away by how good so many of these fx are.

Comments

• Very nice!
    How did you get the audio into the iPad, and which effects did you use?
    :)

• Apogee one into ipad. Op1 synced with midi link sync on phone. Arp has aum saturator, crystalline and maybe a delay (forget if i used the op1 delay or delhia delay). The bouncey pad sound is svep
    And space and then johnny. Finally ran them in auria and used old timer and microwarmer and the limiter.

• edited May 2017

You can use Garageband (and a bunch of others) on the iphone to run the OP-1 through FXs and Garageband also starts and stops the OP-1 with sync mode enabled on the OP-1. I use the CCK for midi or a USB sound card for audio. With a powered hub I can use both.

Cubasis on the iPad also starts and stops the transport controls on the OP-1 and even record. Haven't tried record on Garageband, but it "should" work.

• @Telengard said:
    You can use Garageband (and a bunch of others) on the iphone to run the OP-1 through FXs and Garageband also starts and stops the OP-1 with sync mode enabled on the OP-1. I use the CCK for midi or a USB sound card for audio. With a powered hub I can use both.

Cubasis on the iPad also starts and stops the transport controls on the OP-1 and even record. Haven't tried record on Garageband, but it "should" work.

Yeah. I use aum for this mostly because i can use ableton link, which i prefer, and my mobile sound card (apogee one) doesn't do midi. i send op1 midi from the phone using midi link sync. A powered usb is just more cables i'm trying to get away from. My whole setup is battery powered although most of the time i wall power the apogee but that's just one plug. I keep all my mobile gear on a pedalboard so i can play it anywhere but then move out of my kids and kittens reach.
    Another bonus with aum is that files are automatically added to audioshare.

• @vpich

Yeah, I hate cables as well. I use a battery pack with my powered hub so I don't need any wall support.