Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis, LoopMash, LoopMash HD, and iC Pro at special prices

Hello all,

Most of you already know this, but I wanted to post an official statement.

Due to the IFA trade show, pricing on all Steinberg iOS apps will be reduced for a limited time. From September 6-11, 2013, you can take advantage of our sensational iOS apps discounts.

Cubasis $33.99
iC Pro $ 10.99
LoopMash HD $2.99
LoopMach $0.99

Best regards,
GN

Comments

• edited September 2013

Thinking of picking up LoopMash for the iphone at 99c as a demo for the more grown up iPad version. Anyone got alot of experience with these apps? I know i´m being tied to using loops Steingberg provides. But (as an example) if I want to make my "own" loop, is it possible to load up a handful of loops, have the basdrum playing on one loop, the snare from another, the hihats from a third and so on, and mix it around abit into a completely new loop? Does that make sense? And is it possible?

Edit: Another question, is the micrologue preset compatible with its big brother in Cubase? (It is based on that one right?)

• Is there any plan to incorporate an import option to LoopMash HD? It seems kinda cool, but to be honest I don't see much point for my purposes if it does support importation. If it's planned for an update I'll snap it up.

• Hello Chris,

Basically that is how it works you import the preset, and then you select the amount of bits and pieces of each loop that you want LoopMash to play.
    Yes, you can come out with a completely different loop, and you can have different scenes out of it.
    You can record LoopMash to Cubasis through the bus ;)

Regarding your second question, yes what you create in Micrologue will be imported and played in Retrologue (its big brother in Cubase 7).

Best regards,
    GN

• edited September 2013

Thanks again Guillermo! I'm sold. (And I saw your post on kvr, I'll try to keep any further questions one forum from now on lol)

Edit: Can micro read presets from Retro? I'm just thinking if there are preset packs being sold, or free ones for that matter, for Retrologue if those (or some) would work in Micrologue? I am guessing that's a no given that Retro is the big brother, but asking just to make sure, and before I start pressing buy presets buttons everywhere. :)

Edit: Actually I see some are already selling preset packs for Cubasis micro, cool.

• edited September 2013

Hello Chris,

Yes, Micrologue presets will be imported into Retrologue when using Cubase 7, there are some exceptions and you also need to install the extension (Cubasis importer).
    I will recommend you to read this knowledge base article:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubasis-for-ios-known-issues.html

For the moment there aren't any presets packs sold for Retrologue, but you can create your own and save them; It already comes with more than 300 presets.

Best regards,
    GN

• Thanks!

Cubasis, LoopMash HD and LoopMash bought and installed. Gonna be fun digging into'em.

Audiobus > LoopMash HD > Turnado > Cubasis = fun stuff :)

• Congrats @ChrisG Good choices. Have fun. I picked up Loopmash Hd. Cool app.

• Uh... I guess there aren't any import function plans for the future then...?

• @TCM He said automation among other things. So I wouldn't rule it out.

• I just bought GlitchBreaks; how does Loopmash compare with it? Seems like it would be redundant.

• edited September 2013

Umm... Not clear from the response above. So the AudioBus support is only for the input slot ??
    We can't stream some samples in here and looks like no audio copy paste yet ?
    If it doesnt support adding your own sounds then its kinda less useful.....skipping this one in that case

• edited September 2013

Both glitchbreaks and LoopMash are really good apps, completely different "workflow" tho. In glitchbreaks you kinda juggle 4 loops and the various parameters, right. LoopMash you set the parameters available, save to a slot so you can recall it and switch between slots/scenes in real-time and so on. While both can be used as live performance tools, tweaking parameters etc, Glitchbreaks requires a bit more skillz, but is also more accessible when it comes to reaching and changing all it's various parameters while performing/recording (I think LoopMash can have 8 loops going at the same time btw). LoopMash lacks any kind of import ability, at least for now (?), while in Glitchbreaks you can use your own samples.

Blah that turned into a mess...hope it makes sense anyhow

Edit: Yes, LoopMash is only available in the input slot

Edit: By the way, if you really really really want LoopMashs workflow but your own samples, I think it maybe can be done with some switcheroos via iFunbox. I noticed, when purchasing some IAP loop packs, the loops don't seem encrypted (or whatever the proper term would be) and can be moved with iFunbox (or any other iDevice explorer). No jailbreak required. Don't quote me on it tho since I did not actually try it myself..

• Glitchbreaks is continually being developed and is very cool. Especially with some upcoming features he's working on (cant remember exactly what they are) and its has a lot of midi features

• edited September 2013

Could be wr...ong.but think there's a plan to stick it in the effects slot.

• Just got cubasis and loving it....awesome

• Congrats@kennyrox.

• Well I pulled the trigger on Cubasis. Adios, BM2!

• I was hoping for 50% off like Auria, but I grabbed it anyway. And I'm glad I did. I love the interface. Easily the best DAW I've used for the iPad so far.

• Congrats all new Cubasis clan members. Don't forget to check out Micrologue synth and AM drum presets.

• Picked up LoopMash HD and it's 4 IAPs. Don't know what I was thinking. Don't understand mashed music. Waste of 12 bucks. Too damn old I guess.

• I use it mainly for drums and percussions. You can customize it to do more standard stuff if you swipe up or down on page with play button. I'm not into mash either.

• @TedBPhx I'm enjoying Loopmash without any IAPs. I wish you could import loops, of course, but the provided loops are actually GOOD. It's not much of a direct composition tool but for manipulating beats (I also use funky accompaniment) it's outtasight. I am not into mashups and can't see how it would even be of use for that.

• Has anybody here tried importing their own loops via iFunbox? Looking for an alternative to Looptastic. Thnx

• edited September 2013

@gjcyrus I transferred the IAP packs I purchased on the iPhone to the iPad version with iFunbox. The loops loaded up fine on the iPad, but you couldn't save and reload a project using any of the iPhone loops without a popup telling me the loop is for another LoopMash client (or something like that).

I never tried replacing the original loops with my own tho. Might work? But not an optimal solution exactly.

Edit: Steinberg, please make the IAPs work cross-client/platform with the preset error thing, even if it has to be done via something like iFunbox. Pretty please? :)

• Loop import would turn Loopmash into something utterly KILLER - I might have to get the VST.