Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blocs Wave Importing-Update

Guys anyone know why Blocs Wav is not importing a perfect loop correctly? Here is the issue, I exported a nice perfect loop into AudioShare and it plays back perfectly from start to finish in Audioshare. But, when I import it into BW, the start point is not where it starts in Audioshare, it is moved further to the right. Weird, anyone has any ideas what to do?

Comments

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Guys anyone know why Blocs Wav is not importing a perfect loop correctly? Here is the issue, I exported a nice perfect loop into AudioShare and it plays back perfectly from start to finish in Audioshare. But, when I import it into BW, the start point is not where it starts in Audioshare, it is moved further to the right. Weird, anyone has any ideas what to do?

This has happened to me too. I am certain in my case it's user error. Maybe I have the wrong BPM on the import?

• I set it exactly as it was recorded at 85 BPM, and it plays perfectly too in BW and in Audioshare. The only issue is why is the end of the loop wrapping up to the beginning and pushing the beginning further to the right, so when I play it back, it starts with the end of the loop instead of the beginning. Hope this makes sense.

• Is it possible that you nudged the arrow by accident?

• I did move it to let the loop start where it should but by default it's at the beginning. So the imported loop should start correctly.

• Just imported the exact same loop into Looperverse and it worked perfectly from start to finish. So definitely it's a BW issue with importing. Going to dig deeper and see.

• I just tested it out. I did a quick 4 bar pad progression in Gadget, with the lofi filter automated to go from 0 - 127 in a curved fashion over the 4 bars. This way I would have a dramatic drop when the loop started over. I exported it into audioshare and then imported it into blocswave. I set the tempo to the correct tempo upon import. Everything seems to work great. The start of the loop is where its expected. What did you use to create the original loop?

• Session Band Ukulele. Weird thing is that the loop plays just fine, and all the other instruments play along perfectly ulnlike before the Session Band update of today. But in AS the loop is perfect, plays back at the start till the end and it even loops perfectly. Same thing for Looperverse, but in BW the end of the loop wraps to the beginning so the loop starts playing the end part then the beginning starts. If it makes any sense..

• I wonder if Session Band is saving some erroneous "acidized" type of markers that Blocs is then trying to use.

Maybe try editing the sample in some way in AudioShare (normalizing may be the easiest way), then import the edited sample to see if it changes anything.

• Ok will try. I'm just so overjoyed that Session Band finally updated their files and they're playing back perfectly at the stated BPM. Looperverse quickly detected the imported file at 85 BPM.

• That confirms that they most likely are saving beat markers of some kind. Sounds likely that it's a bug in the additional marker information Session Band is saving in the file.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:

This does sound strange. @MusicMan4Christ, Can you email me the sound file (or a link to it) so we can take a look at it? [email protected]
    // Matt

• @blocsxnovation said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

This does sound strange. @MusicMan4Christ, Can you email me the sound file (or a link to it) so we can take a look at it? [email protected]
    // Matt

Thanks, Matt! Well done.
    Your apps are wonderful.

• Sent. Thanks!

@blocsxnovation said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

// Matt

• File received! Will run this past the clever people in the office tomorrow morning.

• It's not a blocs wave problem. It's all the session band apps. They do not export proper bar lengths nor do they start at the correct spot. It's the main reason I have currently deleted them all even though I paid good money for them :/ it's a pain to manually edit every loop every single time.... I've noticed this bug even importing into Auria and Cubasis.

• The new update on Ukulele Session Band works perfectly with AudioShare and Looperverse. They both detect the correct BPM and loop points. I did not even have to adjust loop points in AS. Just play it back select loop and it loops perfectly. It's weird must be user error for sure but glad BE team gonna look into it. Thanks to @gmslayton also :)

• @blocsxnovation thanks Matt for clearing this up. Turns out this doesn't happen outside AB3. So it may be an issue with AB3 or BW when hosted. But so glad it's not SessionBand Ukulele app.

• @blocsxnovation Just found that BW does this behavior when hosted in AUM, AB2& AB3. When not hosted, works as expected.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    @blocsxnovation Just found that BW does this behavior when hosted in AUM, AB2& AB3. When not hosted, works as expected.

Understood, and sorry you're experiencing this. We'll try and get to the bottom of it!
    // Matt

• @blocsxnovation said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    @blocsxnovation Just found that BW does this behavior when hosted in AUM, AB2& AB3. When not hosted, works as expected.

Understood, and sorry you're experiencing this. We'll try and get to the bottom of it!
    // Matt

Stopping by to confirm this happens to me too. And yeah it's when I have it in the output of audiobus. Was doing a combination of recording live and importing stuff.

• Thanks going to try it with Ableton disabled and see. Won't have a chance till later though.