Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

HOOK in Audiobus hAcK: Finally..............

As you know, I think Retronyms apps are some of the best in the game.

I especially like Hook for sketching ideas on the fly or just jamming for fun with all those Audiocopy IAP screaming to be played with.

Problem is, HOOK has no IAA or AUDIOBUS.

So, I looked and tried, tried and poked, deleted and inserted.

And I have found a somewhat acceptable solution for now.

The point of this thread is not necessarily the specific use of HOOK, although I think it is a cheap price for what the app is. The thread is intended to help spark other creative work arounds for issues we face with some apps here on the ios music app scene. Is it scene, I guess. That is up to you.

So, here it is.

You first will need to buy N-TRACK studio. It is like .99 per month. And in the last 12 hours tinkering with it am shocked that more people are not talking up this awesome Universal studio DAW type thingy app.

Anyway, focus.......focus...........

Audiobus 2 (latest edition) open

NTrack in the output slot

Hook open on ios device. Go to effects on HOOK and choose NTrack as the IAA effect app. This pushes the audio INTO N-Track who is sitting patiently listening for what you want to do.

I tested simoultaneously running Launchpad into NTRack, recording both LPAD and HOOK at the same time. AND IT WORKED GREAT.

If you like HOOK'n like I like HOOK'n --------then by all means, get HOOK'n in Audiobus today.

nTA.png 83.6K

Comments

• . 99 per month. Is that subscription? If so definitely mmmmm if not meh.

• Meh, i buy hook when it comes ab ready.

• @supadom said:
    . 99 per month. Is that subscription? If so definitely mmmmm if not meh.

Yup it is, and 1.99/month for advanced features i think

However, you can purchase a full unlock for 30$

I tried it for a couple of months when it was released and loved the concept. Having a separate step sequencer for every track is brilliant. I found it to be very unstable with AUs at the time, not sure how it is now

• Not adding any fuel to preconceived fires, but interesting to me that this has not had an update, a fix, whatever, since last July....

• I am not ever gonna rent an app

I buy once lol

• edited April 2017

@RustiK cool, makes N-track tempting again.

There's a similar hack available in S_nV_x...using S_nV_x in the IAA fx slot in Hook, (and an input module in S_nV_x connected to a sampler module.)

First record your playtime in hook as a sample, then in S_nV_x, crop to taste in sample editor, then use live record and "play" the sample by holding down C5 and the sample will be recorded as a complete track.

(The live record function is one of the many S_nV_x secret weapons that get one out of trad tracker pattern "limitations": one can play a pattern of any length - from the inapp keyboard or outboard controller, and it becomes a complete track, with no limit at all on length)

Once your sample is a track, it can be sent (ACP) or played (ABs IAA) into other apps

• @Littlewoodg said:

There's a similar hack available in S_nV_x...using S_nV_x in the IAA fx slot in Hook, (and an input module in S_nV_x connected to a sampler module.)

First record your playtime in hook as a sample, then in S_nV_x, crop to taste in sample editor, then use live record and "play" the sample by holding down C5 and the sample will be recorded as a complete track.

(The live record function is one of the many S_nV_x secret weapons that get one out of trad tracker pattern "limitations": one can play a pattern of any length - from the inapp keyboard or outboard controller, and it becomes a complete track, with no limit at all on length)

Once your sample is a track, it can be sent (ACP) or played (ABs IAA) into other apps

SunVox envy ....................

When I finally get it there will be a press release............LOL

• I really only wanted it for expanding IA communication.

For what it is worth, it does the job.

But, I hadn't realized that I could do a similar thing with Sunvox.

• @Littlewoodg said:

G

Can I put Sunvox in the output slot of AB and route any other apps into it for simultaneous recording?

• @supadom said:
    . 99 per month. Is that subscription? If so definitely mmmmm if not meh.

With all the new MIDI goodies, I am looking at any additional MIDI options especially on phone.

• edited April 2017

@RustiK said:

@Littlewoodg said:

G

Can I put Sunvox in the output slot of AB and route any other apps into it for simultaneous recording?

Yep though this is AB2, S_nV_x isnt listed in AB3 yet-

• @Littlewoodg said:

@RustiK said:

@Littlewoodg said:

G

Yep though this is AB2, S_nV_x isnt listed in AB3 yet-

Good, I am staying on AB2 till AB remote installed and functioning.

I rely on Audiobus remote heavily.

Cool news again