Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thor update live now

Updated to newest Audiobus SDK. Wonder if that is AB3?
Thor Polysonic Synthesizer by Propellerhead Software AB
https://appsto.re/dk/QPCwN.i

Comments

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Updated to newest Audiobus SDK. Wonder if that is AB3?

Good to see, and it appears in the Audio list of course, but not in the Midi.....

• not even receiving midi ... :neutral:

• @nick said:
    not even receiving midi ... :neutral:

Yeah, that's strange.

• That's a shame it's not got midi receiving update but I think it's a pattern that's going to happen a lot. Thor is IAA generator only so for whatever reason they haven't made it an IAA instrument app (which means you can put in the midi receiver slot) They aren't going to do it especially for Audiobus 3 unless they have a good reason to as it's probably a fair bit of extra work (no idea how much though) So I think the same will be so for all the Korg apps, but we'll see...

• Yes IAA generators not being able to receive AB3 MIDI is a bit of a downer and will result in me not using AB3 to ints fullest as I won't be able to use Total Recall on my setups as I will have to setup MIDI routings outside of AB3 in order to incorporate these generators...(Korg Apps in my case)......

If someone were to release an AB3 Midi Receiver that will allow routing of that MIDI to a virtual or Core MIDI device(s) and channel(s) this would mean these generators could still be used within the total recall setup.

• Maybe they consider AB3 MIDI functionality to be lacking?

• @Munibeast said:
    Maybe they consider AB3 MIDI functionality to be lacking?

I have only played a bit, and am still trying to figure stuff out, but at the moment it seems very difficult if not impossible to set up seemingly simple things....

Example
    3 Midi Channels in Cubasis...Kick - Snare and Hats, I want to use a different Randomiser on each and record the output back into Cubasis (I want to do it straight into ModStep or Gadget but cannot, although AppBC are working on AB3 Midi for ModStep), and then send each track to a different sound source.

I can get all 3 tracks recorded onto a single track in Cubasis...but not onto 3 separate tracks unless I record them one at a time, this instantly removes the realtime usefulness of midi and randomisers or arps with random or probability functions. and means that you can only use a single sound source within any app at any one time...i.e 1 Instance of a Cubasis Drum track, and not 3 separate tracks with different drum machines (Ruismakers)

Maybe I am not setting it up right, but it seems like selectable channels or multiple AB3 ports within an App are needed for this.

• So the channel issue still there?

Frankly, it is one of the biggest disappointments besides losing Alchemy which is the Thor midi issue.

Makes it not usable for my workflow frankly.

Figure in portrait only has no use for my ipad either.

Wish they spent more time on ios and less on ALIPOOPA

• @nick said:

Just to be clear Thor is receiving MIDI outside of AB3

• @Trueyorky said:

@nick said:

Not close to my iPad atmo, but I had a request to them about making the midi controller window scrollable, as I couldn't select the correct midi controller in old version as it simply refused to show more than 10, and my ICM4+ easily and quickly filled up the first 16 slots (of which I couldn't see the last 6 let alone anything after that). Hope this is fixed.

Also, folders for presets would be great, I have over 1000, in the longest list known to man (well...slight exaggeration but you get my point). :)

• @hellquist said:

@Trueyorky said:

@nick said:

Not close to my iPad atmo, but I had a request to them about making the midi controller window scrollable, as I couldn't select the correct midi controller in old version as it simply refused to show more than 10, and my ICM4+ easily and quickly filled up the first 16 slots (of which I couldn't see the last 6 let alone anything after that). Hope this is fixed.

Also, folders for presets would be great, I have over 1000, in the longest list known to man (well...slight exaggeration but you get my point). :)

Folders, yes they seem to be always at the bottom of the list for developers but they are so useful. Been wanting them in Audiobus since the beginning...

• YES FOLDERS YES.

• edited April 2017

Beautiful synth getting some love! Always appreciate that. One of the nicest interfaces, just a great concept!

• edited April 2017

@AndyPlankton said:
    Yes IAA generators not being able to receive AB3 MIDI is a bit of a downer and will result in me not using AB3 to ints fullest as I won't be able to use Total Recall on my setups as I will have to setup MIDI routings outside of AB3 in order to incorporate these generators...(Korg Apps in my case)......

If someone were to release an AB3 Midi Receiver that will allow routing of that MIDI to a virtual or Core MIDI device(s) and channel(s) this would mean these generators could still be used within the total recall setup.

Im pretty sure i remember hearing @Sebastian say that there is more to come to ab3 than what it shipped with. No idea what that is and maybe i remember wrong.

• Still can't scroll my midi controllers though. Srsly? Not often I say this, but: how hard can it be?

Disclaimer: comment is based on (admittedly non-app) development since early 90's. Setting a window to scroll if the viewport has more options than can fit into it really shouldn't be rocket science. Bah.

• @hellquist said:
    Still can't scroll my midi controllers though. Srsly? Not often I say this, but: how hard can it be?

Disclaimer: comment is based on (admittedly non-app) development since early 90's. Setting a window to scroll if the viewport has more options than can fit into it really shouldn't be rocket science. Bah.

• sum 1 say folders? ummm, ya!!!!

• Such a good synth, one of the better soft synths ever made in my opinion. Good to see it still being taken care of.

Now, about that Z3TA update...

• edited April 2017

Did they fix the bug where you have to deselect, then reselect, your midi keyboard every time you open the app, to get it to work?

• @Processaurus said:
    Did they fix the bug where you have to deselect, then reselect, your midi keyboard every time you open the app, to get it to work?

Same question

• @Korakios said:

@Processaurus said:

Same question

Yes

MIDI appears 100% operational at optimal capacity.

Very hyped

Have an amazing preset bank I have worked on for 4 years and so eager to use it.

• @RustiK said:

@Korakios said:

@Processaurus said:

Same question

Yes

MIDI appears 100% operational at optimal capacity.

Very hyped

Have an amazing preset bank I have worked on for 4 years and so eager to use it.

Jealous. Enjoy your hard work...

• Thor was dead for me after his update. No sound. I had to delete and redownload. Now it's working again. Air 1, 10.3.1.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Thor was dead for me after his update. No sound. I had to delete and redownload. Now it's working again. Air 1, 10.3.1.

Sometimes, I have accidentally hit the "STROM" button, rendering the keyboard "useless".

I thought there was a bug, that no sound was generated, but in fact I just needed to deactivate the strum button.

• Man, i just revisited this after a year plus, and boy the sounds are...weak and underwhelming. Especially so far as arena rock/polysaws. The filter leaves much to be desired as well. The mighty has fallen

• @oat_phipps said:
    Man, i just revisited this after a year plus, and boy the sounds are...weak and underwhelming. Especially so far as arena rock/polysaws. The filter leaves much to be desired as well. The mighty has fallen

Might be true as regards Arena Rock. Not my area of expertise :) But disagree about the falling. I love this app.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Thor was dead for me after his update. No sound. I had to delete and redownload. Now it's working again. Air 1, 10.3.1.

Dead gods coming back to life. I thought maybe it was an Easter thing. Some Norse legends say that Thor drove a chariot drawn by two goats, which he would eat and resurrect. I would prefer my gods to be vegetarian, but this is the next best thing.

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

Dead gods coming back to life. I thought maybe it was an Easter thing. Some Norse legends say that Thor drove a chariot drawn by two goats, which he would eat and resurrect. I would prefer my gods to be vegetarian, but this is the next best thing.

Very, very good.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Thor drove a chariot drawn by two goats, which he would eat and resurrect. I would prefer my gods to be vegetarian, but this is the next best thing.

Substitute Thor for Wynn the farmer, the chariot for an Ifor Williams trailer, goats for sheep, chuck in a couple of cans of brown ale and a vegetarian buffet and you've described a lovely night out in Mid Wales.