Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

synth master one for iOS?

any news about this ?

Comments

• I think it is supposed to debut this week during superbooth show. I know i am extremely excited to get this synth on ios

• I think everyone should be excited. This could easily smash into the top 5 and first place on wavetable synths...

• They already have the best sounding EDM/Mainstream Elec.music available in my eyes.

If that is your thing

• Not an AU is it?

• @RustiK said:
    They already have the best sounding EDM/Mainstream Elec.music available in my eyes.

If that is your thing

Yes indeed. I hope they are able to pull off the AUv3 support in the first iteration

• @hexagonsun83 said:
    I think everyone should be excited. This could easily smash into the top 5 and first place on wavetable synths...

i second that. as an owner of synthmaster desktop plugin. I can easily see the power this synth will have, especially for ios. i can't wait

• @realdavidai said:

@RustiK said:
    They already have the best sounding EDM/Mainstream Elec.music available in my eyes.

If that is your thing

Yes indeed. I hope they are able to pull off the AUv3 support in the first iteration

@eross said:

@hexagonsun83 said:
    I think everyone should be excited. This could easily smash into the top 5 and first place on wavetable synths...

i second that. as an owner of synthmaster desktop plugin. I can easily see the power this synth will have, especially for ios. i can't wait

Agreed and Agreed

Synthmaster and Alchemy are only VST's I use really.

Besides ENKL or some Pluck / Key basic ones.

• When this was announced there was talk of the sound quality being limited to 'good' on the iOS version. Can anyone confirm whether or not this is going to be the case? Seems such a shame if it is...

• @Hosh said:
    When this was announced there was talk of the sound quality being limited to 'good' on the iOS version. Can anyone confirm whether or not this is going to be the case? Seems such a shame if it is...

Dayumn i remember that. Then i won't buy it, straight up, just out of principle. Regardless of how good it still sounds. iOS customers shouldn't be treated as second tier. Charge a 100 bucks for the app if you have to, but do not give us some stripped down version, just to protect your desktop business.

• I still think an IAP for full fidelity would be appropriate and appreciated.

• Yes it seemed at the time they initially mentioned the downgraded audio folks were not very happy. I would think it will at least be fairly cheap given that limitation but not sure yet.

• @hexagonsun83 said:

@Hosh said:
    When this was announced there was talk of the sound quality being limited to 'good' on the iOS version. Can anyone confirm whether or not this is going to be the case? Seems such a shame if it is...

Dayumn i remember that. Then i won't buy it, straight up, just out of principle. Regardless of how good it still sounds. iOS customers shouldn't be treated as second tier. Charge a 100 bucks for the app if you have to, but do not give us some stripped down version, just to protect your desktop business.

I have no idea but maybe it is a technical performance thing or minimum spec device limitation?

• @Tritonman said:
    Yes it seemed at the time they initially mentioned the downgraded audio folks were not very happy. I would think it will at least be fairly cheap given that limitation but not sure yet.

) The iOS version will be sold for $29. Because of the price difference, it will have lower polyphony at 16 voices and the max quality setting will be Good. Also, it'll only come with 500 factory presets, it wont have the additional factory presets that we'll continue releasing after our official release mid February (the missing features/presets will be available as add-ons via In App Purchase)

• edited April 2017

They can already see the big bucks rolling in from the additional presets no doubt. I have a twenty five dollar card but will use it elsewhere for sure. Perhaps Luis's new drum app that is soon to be released? Plenty of synths here already to hold me over no doubt.

• @Tritonman said:

@Tritonman said:
    Yes it seemed at the time they initially mentioned the downgraded audio folks were not very happy. I would think it will at least be fairly cheap given that limitation but not sure yet.

) The iOS version will be sold for $29. Because of the price difference, it will have lower polyphony at 16 voices and the max quality setting will be Good. Also, it'll only come with 500 factory presets, it wont have the additional factory presets that we'll continue releasing after our official release mid February (the missing features/presets will be available as add-ons via In App Purchase)

Cool, I wonder if the 'missing features' will include a better than 'good' setting. I don't mind paying for better than good. I'm worth it.

• edited April 2017

Not cool at all! I already have their original gathering dust.

• i'm still buying it. i have synthmaster plugin for my desktop, and the quality is amazing. I thought I had
    it set to high, but I just check and it is set to "draft". which is one step below good. so if this is any indicator. even a "good" quality setting in the ios version will be killer. i'm so excited.

• @Tritonman said:

@Tritonman said:

Perhaps an intro price less than 30 bucks will get more interest.

• What's the quality of Synthmaster Player? I've been trying to download it but the App Store is having issues.

• @bigcatrik said:
    What's the quality of Synthmaster Player? I've been trying to download it but the App Store is having issues.

I like it. Don't use it as much as I mean to, and it's very preset driven of course, which puts folks off, but I'm pleased to have it in the quiver.

• @bigcatrik said:
    What's the quality of Synthmaster Player? I've been trying to download it but the App Store is having issues.

I love it. It sounds really good to me. It's a preset player, which is fine by me. I don't typically make a whole lot of presets on my own in the many synths I have. Presets/patches in Bias though, that's a different story.

I've got most of the preset packs and I love them all, I've also created quite a few on the desktop version of SMP and imported them to my ios player. They sound amazingly good.

• I seem to recall that Synthmaster One should open up a lot more parameters, which is really what I am looking forward to. I like the SynthMaster presets quite a bit but find I am often feeling a little stuck with them as far as nudging them into the mix.

• @High5denied said:

@bigcatrik said:

I love it. It sounds really good to me. It's a preset player, which is fine by me. I don't typically make a whole lot of presets on my own in the many synths I have. Presets/patches in Bias though, that's a different story.

I've got most of the preset packs and I love them all, I've also created quite a few on the desktop version of SMP and imported them to my ios player. They sound amazingly good.

how did you transfer over your desktop preset to ios player. where do you save them? I tried but had no luck

• @AudioGus said:
    I seem to recall that Synthmaster One should open up a lot more parameters, which is really what I am looking forward to. I like the SynthMaster presets quite a bit but find I am often feeling a little stuck with them as far as nudging them into the mix.

I hear you, but I must go back to my previous comment (me, me, me) and say that having just spent a noodly 45 minutes again in Synthmaster world, there is more to be done with it than simply banging on presets. I particularly like the simply designed automation you can record which makes a lot of difference. I will agree that many of the sounds if not dated can suggest a particular time (erm, if that's not dated, what is Goodyear?), but I like the chord function and by the time you play with what params you have (Osc 1 vol, Osc 2 vol, LPF, Treble, Decay, release, Reverb, and Reverb Time) you can get things fiddled with a fair amount. Works well in AB for me, but if there was one thing I'd like (and which would cause this be played a lot more) it would be Link. Shame about that.

• £29 will put it in the Moog/Korg price range. I'm absolutely fine with that but I think it should have a comparable audio quality - i.e. top drawer. I mean, Model 15 is in that price bracket, and it sounds incredible - that's the price-bracket competition.

Limiting the sound quality in your synth seems like a strange business decision to me, particularly given that the iOS market has moved on from the early 'toy' music apps to proper music production tools. An iOS synth's not a novelty item on an iPad for a lot of people now, it's bought with a purpose of using in more serious music creation. Personally I already have so many synths now that I don't think I could justify the £29 knowing that it's being hindered in quality. Fingers crossed it won't be though as I was really looking forward to this one.

• @Hosh said:
    £29 will put it in the Moog/Korg price range. I'm absolutely fine with that but I think it should have a comparable audio quality - i.e. top drawer. I mean, Model 15 is in that price bracket, and it sounds incredible - that's the price-bracket competition.

Limiting the sound quality in your synth seems like a strange business decision to me, particularly given that the iOS market has moved on from the early 'toy' music apps to proper music production tools. An iOS synth's not a novelty item on an iPad for a lot of people now, it's bought with a purpose of using in more serious music creation. Personally I already have so many synths now that I don't think I could justify the £29 knowing that it's being hindered in quality. Fingers crossed it won't be though as I was really looking forward to this one.

That´s true but i think also "good" is still great. Model 15 sounds indeed great but there are better ones too in the desktop world f.e.
    The problem is still that those developers have to watch out to not cut their flagship synths sales while everyone expect cheap prices for an app.
    If the market would be there we already would see all the big players in iOS. But at this point it´s not a good thing at all. If you want pro tools you have to accept pro prices.

• @Cib said:

@Hosh said:
    £29 will put it in the Moog/Korg price range. I'm absolutely fine with that but I think it should have a comparable audio quality - i.e. top drawer. I mean, Model 15 is in that price bracket, and it sounds incredible - that's the price-bracket competition.

That´s true but i think also "good" is still great. Model 15 sounds indeed great but there are better ones too in the desktop world f.e.

I was making a comparison of sound quality of iOS synths in that price bracket , not desktop and iOS synths. The pricing is different, the market is different, the power of the machines running the software is different etc.

For me 'good' is not 'great', it's 'good'. And when others in the same price range are 'great' then it matters to me. But of course everyone will have to weigh up for themselves whether or not it matters to them...

The problem is still that those developers have to watch out to not cut their flagship synths sales while everyone expect cheap prices for an app.
    If the market would be there we already would see all the big players in iOS. But at this point it´s not a good thing at all. If you want pro tools you have to accept pro prices.

Yes I think that is a fair point. But then I suppose that is in part to do with iOS pricing. Personally I don't think the £5/£10 type synths are a good for users or developers longer term. But another really important factor is that although it's £29, every single iOS user, pretty much, will have actually bought the software, versus probably 10 or 20% on desktop - while all the others use cracks. So in terms of actual sales and income generated I'm not sure if £29 from %100% of users on iOS is that bad for the developers compared with £79 of whatever from 10/20% of users on desktop. Especially with preset IAP sales on top.

• @Hosh said:

@Cib said:

@Hosh said:

I was making a comparison of sound quality of iOS synths in that price bracket , not desktop and iOS synths. The pricing is different, the market is different, the power of the machines running the software is different etc.

For me 'good' is not 'great', it's 'good'. And when others in the same price range are 'great' then it matters to me. But of course everyone will have to weigh up for themselves whether or not it matters to them...

Yes I think that is a fair point. But then I suppose that is in part to do with iOS pricing. Personally I don't think the £5/£10 type synths are a good for users or developers longer term. But another really important factor is that although it's £29, every single iOS user, pretty much, will have actually bought the software, versus probably 10 or 20% on desktop - while all the others use cracks. So in terms of actual sales and income generated I'm not sure if £29 from %100% of users on iOS is that bad for the developers compared with £79 of whatever from 10/20% of users on desktop. Especially with preset IAP sales on top.

Totally agree. 29 or even 49 whatever currency is a very solid price point for a high quality synth. Will get picked up broadly, virtually no piracy. A better model than on the desktop..

• @eross said:

@High5denied said:

@bigcatrik said:

how did you transfer over your desktop preset to ios player. where do you save them? I tried but had no luck

It's been a while since I've done it, I'll revisit, and let you know. I know I had to use itunes file sharing method. They need to be presets that you have created. You can't copy any of the presets that come with DT SMP. Unless, you make a tweak to it. And save it as a new preset. Which, I did, cuz I suck at making my own presets, lol.

If I am remembering right? I think you need to enter your desktop licence into ios synthmaster, possibly need to have the basic factory preset upgrade? I can't remember this for sure. I don't have wi-fi at my home, so I know I didn't have my ipad hooked into wi-fi at all, it was all through itunes. Tedious, but.......worth it IMO.

• @High5denied said:

@eross said:

@High5denied said:

@bigcatrik said:

It's been a while since I've done it, I'll revisit, and let you know. I know I had to use itunes file sharing method. They need to be presets that you have created. You can't copy any of the presets that come with DT SMP. Unless, you make a tweak to it. And save it as a new preset. Which, I did, cuz I suck at making my own presets, lol.

If I am remembering right? I think you need to enter your desktop licence into ios synthmaster, possibly need to have the basic factory preset upgrade? I can't remember this for sure. I don't have wi-fi at my home, so I know I didn't have my ipad hooked into wi-fi at all, it was all through itunes. Tedious, but.......worth it IMO.

great, yeah if you revisit the process please let me know. I am gonna have to try it again. maybe that was the problem, i tried to copy over some of their presets, maybe i have to make my own and try that