Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sugar Bytes apps on easter sale 33-47% off

Should anyone be interested.

Comments

• Oooops I seem to have them all already

• Me too, prefer it if they brought out something new, or updated their existing apps.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Me too, prefer it if they brought out something new, or updated their existing apps.

Agree, specially Egoist need some tlc (Link).
    Anyway, I don't have WOW so I'm tempted. Which btw looks like an obvious AU contender!

• LINK for Egoist. Please......

• @DeVlaeminck said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Me too, prefer it if they brought out something new, or updated their existing apps.

Anyway, I don't have WOW so I'm tempted. Which btw looks like an obvious AU contender!

I don't really get on with WOW, I find it a bit extreme, though it's nice to have it in Auria. If you've got Turnado I'd say you probably don't need it.

• Effectrix is great, highly recommended. Many cool ideas- the sequencer of bypass states, the automation, the switching between scenes, the fade in/out controls for the bypass on the effects, all of the different little looping effects.

It's a great drum machine and step sequencer accessory!

• Got them all, love them all

• If I purchase a sugar byte effect for Auria can I use it with other apps or just with Auria Pro? Will I need to purchase 2 versions of WOW to use with Auria and iOS apps?

• @snickast said:
    If I purchase a sugar byte effect for Auria can I use it with other apps or just with Auria Pro? Will I need to purchase 2 versions of WOW to use with Auria and iOS apps?

It's the same app, so works in or out of Auria.

• edited April 2017

@snickast said:
    If I purchase a sugar byte effect for Auria can I use it with other apps or just with Auria Pro? Will I need to purchase 2 versions of WOW to use with Auria and iOS apps?

It depends: if you buy it in the Auria Store, you'll be able to use it with Auria only. On the other hand, you'll be able to have more than one instance of it open inside Auria, since it's a VST plug-in.

If you buy in the Apple Store, though, you'll be able to use it with any app via AudioBus, IAA etc., including Auria, of course, but you'll be limited to only one instance due to IAA constraints.

Hope that helps you to make an informed decision!

• Are the sugarbytes apps 64 bit? I want...all of them. But I want to be sure they are updated. I know they don't update that frequently. Specifically, though: Cyclops and effectrix. LOVE the desktop versions.

• @Processaurus said:
    Effectrix is great, highly recommended. Many cool ideas- the sequencer of bypass states, the automation, the switching between scenes, the fade in/out controls for the bypass on the effects, all of the different little looping effects.

Have you ever used this in Auria? I don't want to purchase it if getting it to sync to Auria will be problematic. Is it true that IAA automatically syncs to the host without the need for configuring MIDI sync?

• @MonzoPro said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

@MonzoPro said:

I don't really get on with WOW, I find it a bit extreme, though it's nice to have it in Auria. If you've got Turnado I'd say you probably don't need it.

I'd second that, hardly use it. Auria native plug ins are always nice for workflow and stability though.

• WOW is one of my favorites. I wouldn't be without it .

• All apps need updating but still ,they are very good. Haven't bought WOW yet , if anyone spotted a nice video post it here please

• If you want to steer clear of dubstep wub style bass but love other synth bass would you still go for Cyclop?

• edited April 2017

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@Processaurus said:
    Effectrix is great, highly recommended. Many cool ideas- the sequencer of bypass states, the automation, the switching between scenes, the fade in/out controls for the bypass on the effects, all of the different little looping effects.

Have you ever used this in Auria? I don't want to purchase it if getting it to sync to Auria will be problematic. Is it true that IAA automatically syncs to the host without the need for configuring MIDI sync?

Haven't used Auria, sorry. I imagine the plug in version would be trouble free, the IAA version possibly less so, when it comes to sync.

@gusgranite said:
    If you want to steer clear of dubstep wub style bass but love other synth bass would you still go for Cyclop?

Not with the presets. They are centered around harsh, digital bass sounds. It's a fascinating synth, though, that could make a lot of different sounds to someone that was patient tweaking it.

• Picked up Egoist. Pretty cool. Multi export would be good, but a work around will do for now.

• Thanks @Processaurus

Also looking at Wow - nice video run through here (VST but close enough so I've read)

• edited April 2017

@gusgranite said:
    If you want to steer clear of dubstep wub style bass but love other synth bass would you still go for Cyclop?

I'm no particular fan of dubstep basses but love Cyclop. It's basically a really good synth so you can do what you like with it. I quite like using it for weird evolving sounds, and it sounds excellent driven by Egoist.

Also worth noting it's got an Effectrix type section built in.

• Does Effectrix still need a MIDI clock from another app to run. This is the only SB app I don't have.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Does Effectrix still need a MIDI clock from another app to run. This is the only SB app I don't have.

It has Link.

• @DeVlaeminck said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Does Effectrix still need a MIDI clock from another app to run. This is the only SB app I don't have.

It has Link.

Ah cool, so I guess it'll pick up the tempo of a connected app.

• @DeVlaeminck said:

@MonzoPro said:

It has Link.

I think it is a bit weird with LINK though in that it still needs a particular host app (with Midi support) to actualy activate playback. Simply loading it into AB2 or AB3 as an effect does not seem to work when I hit play in Effectrix and/or AB. It does not have AB3 midi support so I guess that makes sense. It does seem to work fine in AUM though. Something tells me it could just be an update away from fully working but SB apps and updates seem a rare-ish thing.

• Just picked up Cyclop. Really fun synth! The presets seem to have a few spoken word samples to transform. Can you sample your own audio in?

• @AudioGus said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

@MonzoPro said:

It has Link.

I think it is a bit weird with LINK though in that it still needs a particular host app (with Midi support) to actualy activate playback. Simply loading it into AB2 or AB3 as an effect does not seem to work when I hit play in Effectrix and/or AB. It does not have AB3 midi support so I guess that makes sense. It does seem to work fine in AUM though. Something tells me it could just be an update away from fully working but SB apps and updates seem a rare-ish thing.

Sorry for my ignorance. Just thought is was a simple question. Which obviously isn't.

• edited April 2017

@theconnactic said:

@snickast said:

It depends: if you buy it in the Auria Store, you'll be able to use it with Auria only. On the other hand, you'll be able to have more than one instance of it open inside Auria, since it's a VST plug-in.

If you buy in the Apple Store, though, you'll be able to use it with any app via AudioBus, IAA etc., including Auria, of course, but you'll be limited to only one instance due to IAA constraints.

Hope that helps you to make an informed decision!

I bought the apps in the App Store and can also use them in Auria as plugins

• @AudioGus said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

@MonzoPro said:

It has Link.

What happens if you put a synth, say Model 15 into the input slot of AUM and Effectrix into the FX slot - does it do anything?

• @MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

@MonzoPro said:

It has Link.

What happens if you put a synth, say Model 15 into the input slot of AUM and Effectrix into the FX slot - does it do anything?

Yes, that works perfectly.

Bonus: You can then pipe AUM into AB anyway. :)

• @AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

@MonzoPro said:

It has Link.

Yes, that works perfectly.

Bonus: You can then pipe AUM into AB anyway. :)

Thanks Gus, might have to grab this before the sale ends.