Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget only - Triangles

Hi guys,

i tried to create a pretty standard uplifting trance tune with korg gadget only.

Its a 136 BPM trance piece called: Triangles

https://allihoopa.com/s/DhQq71xD

Love to get some feedbacks on this, thanks for listening if you do. If not thats fine as well.

Have a great weekend.

Comments

• @o_imseng said:
    Hi guys,

i tried to create a pretty standard uplifting trance tune with korg gadget only.

Love to get some feedbacks on this, thanks for listening if you do. If not thats fine as well.

Have a great weekend.

I enjoyed it very much - felt like i was back in the early 2000's when I listened to alot of that kind of music. that kick drum is massive!! what'd you use for the bassline? I haven't made a 'club'/dance- type track for many years now - after listening to this I kinda feel like doing that now.

• @o_imseng said:
    Hi guys,

Have a great weekend.

This is awsome mate. I listen to a lot of trance.
    I wouldn't of guessed this was made in gadget. Good job

• edited April 2017

@gav thanks a lot.
    @Halftone yeah those were the days.

The Bassline is:
    -Brussels
    -Dublin
    -Dublin

Best regards
    Oli

• Thanks both for your kind feedback. Much appreciated! :smile:

• I really dug that man. The arrangement propelled it along to where it didn't seem like six minutes plus at all, so it subscribes to the golden rule of leaving them wanting more.

The Allihoopa site is very interesting, as is the SoundTrap app that works with it. The only mobile music production I had experience with before iOS was in 2010 on an Android app called uLoops then renamed Pocketband.

It had a Caustic like loop creation environment where like Gadget and other 'scene' oriented music production apps you would arrange a song with the loops created. All scenes/ loops were stored in the cloud, so you had to have wifi or data to use it and it had a fairly vibrant community where through creative commons a producer could set their page up to allow remixes & variations by other users.

It hasn't been updated in years, the same team who created Osciilab made it, but it was really groundbreaking. I believe it was just ahead of its time by a half a decade or so, but I have fond memories.

Great job again @o_imseng , the set up of Gadget to Allihoopa reminded me of uLoops, though I hope Allihoopa gets to stick around a lot longer...

• Really well done!

Tracks like this really prove that iOS alone is capable of pro standards:)

Hope you make an album..let us know if u do?

• @JRSIV thank you for your kind words. Yeah that maybe was a bit ahead of its time. I started with music where you actually used the computer to record. There was Reason 1.0 and Cubasis with 2 Vsts Model-E and VB-1. So we have come far already :smiley:

• edited April 2017

@Love3quency said:
    Really well done!

Tracks like this really prove that iOS alone is capable of pro standards:)

Hope you make an album..let us know if u do?

Thanks so cool you like it.
    Well maybe sometime, dunno have not gotten enough time for all. Would post here if course when I do.

• Did you use Gadget's own limiter? If so, what setting?

• Yeah did because i didnt mix to properly and hit the ceiling a bit earlier.

It is set to 5.

• R_2R_2
    edited April 2017

Limiter set to 5 is very subtle I think. I have it at 30-40 on most of my tracks :)
    Or did you use side-chain compression too?
    Anyways, good job!

• I'm not even done listening but I have to post my approval! Love it!

• Yeah its only about getting the peaks i had and give me 1-2 Db in volume.
    Hmm 30-40 thats quite high doesnt it sound to pushy like that?

• edited April 2017

@scadet said:
    I'm not even done listening but I have to post my approval! Love it!

• Wow, stunning..

• @RajahP said:
    Wow, stunning..

Grazie mille :)

• Do you know how ridiculously stupid it is that a piece of this quality can be produced using a program that costs less than a few hundred dollars? It's also a testament to your arrangement and production skills because I have a feeling you'd make incredible stuff with a spoon, a ukele and a few stones. Honestly, it sounds better than stuff I've bought off of beatport during the last 10 years.

• R_2R_2
    edited April 2017

@o_imseng said:
    Yeah its only about getting the peaks i had and give me 1-2 Db in volume.
    Hmm 30-40 thats quite high doesnt it sound to pushy like that?

Limiter set to 30-40 doesn't sound pushy for me as long as I don't turn up the individual tracks too much. But I have it switched on all the time so I can hear the effect while mixing.

• edited April 2017

@robertreynolds said:
    Do you know how ridiculously stupid it is that a piece of this quality can be produced using a program that costs less than a few hundred dollars? It's also a testament to your arrangement and production skills because I have a feeling you'd make incredible stuff with a spoon, a ukele and a few stones. Honestly, it sounds better than stuff I've bought off of beatport during the last 10 years.

Wow , thanks so much for the compliments. Feeling flattered, really :smile: