Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can't get AB3 to work for my keys setup :-( help please...

Live band keyboard set up - Pre AB3, my set up is an 88 note master keyboard, midi out via either iRig or Korg Plugkey. My midi controller is Midi Designer Pro 2 on the same iPad. My next app is Midiflow, which takes the keyboard input on midi channel 1 and creates 6 different outputs on 6 different midi channels then into my 6 synth apps (plus some note shifts and key ranges). My Midi Controller can then send programme changes and volume CC's out on different channels and therefore control the different synths. All works, but there is a lot of manual app opening and waiting and setting up, plus I now want to add a parametric EQ to one synth, and chorus and tremelo FX to another, so I hoped AB3 would be the answer.

However, it seems like there is no way AB3 or the new midi effects can take the 1 midi channel input and output to another channel and as AB3 is not compatible with Midiflow, this setup will not work for me. None of my keyboards send out midi in omni mode, just a single midi channel - suggestions?

My other query is that I thought the AU version of my synths would help (with auto opening), but I can't use the midi controller with them when they are AU and all the sounds are dry - no reverb.

Can anybody help me with this - I would also appreciate suggestions for a parametric eq, chorus and tremelo apps. Thanks

For ref: my apps are:
Midiflow
Midi Designer Pro 2
Crudebyte iSymphonic Orchestra
Crudebyte Heavybrass
Crudebyte Colossus piano
PPG Phonem
LayR
Galileo Organ

Comments

• Hi,

Obviously you can only use apps that are compatible with Audiobus 3's MIDI system inside of Audiobus. So MIDI Designer Pro will require an update to work as a source or destination in Audiobus 3. I'll get in touch with the developer so he can have a look at this as soon as possible (if he wants to).

Regarding MIDI channels: you can select them for hardware interfaces by pressing the blue 'i' button/disclosure arrow next to your MIDI device. At least that's how it works for most hardware midi devices - I'm not familiar with your keyboard.

You can contact me directly via our support portal so we can troubleshoot this better: https://audiobus.zendesk.com/tickets/new

Cheers,

Sebastian

• The blue 'i' only seems to select the midi channel of the keyboard - not the output channel required. My keyboards are either a doepfer pk88, a kawaii mp11 or a yamaha clp585 - all only send midi on 1 channel, not omni. I have contacted you now via the portal link.