Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midiflow Apps for Audiobus 3 Out Now!

Midiflow for Audiobus 3 – Powerful MIDI sender and effect apps by Johannes Doerr
https://appsto.re/gb/WtoWib.i

Comments

• Yep, where's the ol' main event laggin behind

• Bundle price is $8.99 USD for the record

• You guys are fast. We're about to flip the switch for Audiobus later today, just to make sure all third party apps are live in all territories.

• Yep, got em, first thing I checked this Berlin morning. Looking forward! Congrats. :)

• Okay okay! I'm buying ab3 and the midi bundle and beatmaker 3 when it comes out then no more!!

• edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • After a nanosecond pause I grabbed the bundle (plus the freebie MidiFlow Transposer and Monitor).

• Which one could be used to restrict a channel to a specified octave for automated enforcement of minimum motion between chords? There is one that does this...eh right?

• edited April 2017

@mixolyd said:
    Which one could be used to restrict a channel to a specified octave for automated enforcement of minimum motion between chords? There is one that does this...eh right?

If you use MF Splitter for this you can probably do this. But it might cut off notes above/below the split point.

• @Sebastian said:

If you use MF Splitter for this you can probably do this. But it might cut off notes above/below the split point.

Thanks I'll check that out now. This is the one trick that would turn Fugue Machine into an actual instant fugue machine.

• Oh... yeah you can totally do this. Splitting Fugue Machine's output fron one playhead into different audio generators. I've done that before and it made me giggle like a mad man.

• @Sebastian said:
    Oh... yeah you can totally do this. Splitting Fugue Machine's output fron one playhead into different audio generators. I've done that before and it made me giggle like a mad man.

I've just found that it can be done using the note remapping in the original standalone midiflow. It's pretty cumbersome as it means setting up a remap for every note of every channel but it can be done.

Yeah FM's multi play head thing is great but that's not why I want to do this, I actually want to restrict the voices in the same way that a physical choir would be restricted in order to make the transpose strip in the right side of FM truly musical. As it stands it's just a brute force transpose which is pretty musically clunky in most contexts and not at all how Bach would have done it! :smiley:

• @mixolyd said:

@Sebastian said:
    Oh... yeah you can totally do this. Splitting Fugue Machine's output fron one playhead into different audio generators. I've done that before and it made me giggle like a mad man.

I've just found that it can be done using the note remapping in the original standalone midiflow. It's pretty cumbersome as it means setting up a remap for every note of every channel but it can be done.

Yeah FM's multi play head thing is great but that's not why I want to do this, I actually want to restrict the voices in the same way that a physical choir would be restricted in order to make the transpose strip in the right side of FM truly musical. As it stands it's just a brute force transpose which is pretty musically clunky in most contexts and not at all how Bach would have done it! :smiley:

Bach would have just laughed and used the force instead.

• If I buy the MidiFlow bundle for AB3 I do not need to buy original MidiFlow?

• @Santosgera said:
    If I buy the MidiFlow bundle for AB3 I do not need to buy original MidiFlow?

I'll answer this for @JohannesD.
    The original MidiFlow app is not compatible with Audiobus 3. It's a standalone app which is based purely on CoreMIDI. It has more features but it doesn't have the Audiobus 3 integration. You don't have to buy it to make the MidiFlow Miniapps work.

• Hey guys, don't forget to check out the new website with videos and lots of information:
    http://www.midiflow.com/audiobus/

• I just love the Midiflow Apps. I can easily Build splits and layers and what note that rival omnisphere Sounds and Patches. And this just with my iPad mini 2 in my hand. that makes me giggle like a mad man :smile:

• This just may be a stupid question but I haven't seen any videos showing it. Is it possible to filter out "wrong notes" on an external midi controller keyboard? I saw @JohannesD video with him working in Midiflow scales filtering out notes on a virtual keyboard. It looks great! Can this be done on an external midi controller keyboard as well?

• @Philh0954 said:
    This just may be a stupid question but I haven't seen any videos showing it. Is it possible to filter out "wrong notes" on an external midi controller keyboard? I saw @JohannesD video with him working in Midiflow scales filtering out notes on a virtual keyboard. It looks great! Can this be done on an external midi controller keyboard as well?

Yes. Jakob does it in the demo video.

• edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Philh0954, see http://www.midiflow.com/audiobus/ and per app there is a video to demonstrate its functionallity in Audiobus 3.
    These Midiflow apps are great indeed!!!

• @Harro said:
    @Philh0954, see http://www.midiflow.com/audiobus/ and per app there is a video to demonstrate its functionallity in Audiobus 3.
    These Midiflow apps are great indeed!!!

Thanks @Harro! I had watched that video demonstrating midiflow scales, but nowhere in that video did I see him playing on an external controller keyboard, but if you are telling me that it works the same way on an external as it does on the virtual, that's good enough for me.

• Sorry Philh0954 for misunderstanding. And I just tried it the way you want it (via my Roland A-500) and that external controler DOES NOT work! I can play all the notes while the scaler has f.i. a Minor Blues scale selected. I don't know if that's a bug or by design... (I'll send a mail to [email protected] about this).

• Which synth app are you using?

• Hello @JohannesD, I tried Animoog, FM4 and Addictive Pro. None of these apps are 'filtered' Also tried Addictive Pro as AU and that works well via my Roland A-500)!

• Audiobus 3 apps are required to switch off their Core MIDI reception when used in an Audiobus 3 context. Maybe that is not the case there (@Sebastian, could you test this? I don't have an external key here right now).

It should definitely work with AUXs.

• As I wrote above: I also tested this with the latest version (AB3 optimized) of Animoog and that didn't 'see' your Scaler-app.

• edited April 2017

I just came on here to say the scale app with note filter is the best thing I've found to learn scales. I was also playing Animoog with it and it worked perfectly fine. I'm on 10.3 and have the Animoog update.

Oh, and I was using an external Korg Minilogue as controller.

• Just a note that on my iPhone7 the MIDIflow apps from the bundle wouldn't show up in Audiobus 3 until I launched them all individually first and chose "launch without Audiobus". Worked fine on the Air2 though.

• @JohannesD said:
    Audiobus 3 apps are required to switch off their Core MIDI reception when used in an Audiobus 3 context. Maybe that is not the case there (@Sebastian, could you test this? I don't have an external key here right now).

It should definitely work with AUXs.

Yeah, some apps automatically connect to connected hardware controllers or synths. We're displaying a notification message about that in Audiobus, telling users to turn off core midi in those apps manually. Until most synth/midi controllers have updated to the new Audiobus 3 SDK (and Audiobus MIDI) that's the best we can do.