Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looperverse by Retronymns: AB, Link etc

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @kobamoto said:

is it possible that you guys can implement Audioshare in the interim while you're researching a solid solution?... I'm asking because if you come to the conclusion that Audioshare is the right solution then it will already be in place and if you decide that you're going to go with a different solution you'll likely still get as many request for Audioshare stem export, so basically implementing Audioshare only an upside to the situation

iCloudDrive/Files.app implementation is the only sensible solution here to be totally honest.

For example if one does a 'stem export' to iTunes (which is an apps 'Documents' folder) in iMPC Pro 2 one would be able to access those stems directly from the iMPC Pro 2 app container from any app that uses Files.app for accessing files.

Exporting files using 'Action Sheet'(Open In) is also a bog standard iOS way of sharing files, if export of multiple files is needed they can be *.zipped. AudioCopy app can already use Open In... for export (not zip yet though) so they are already half-way there. (This would also make it super easy to share files from one iOS devices to another).

As for baked in AudioShare support if I was a support person and got mails that the 'wrong app' is opened when trying to use AudioShare I'd just resign since that's not something that can be controlled since iOS lacks a proper way to assign default apps for protocols. (It happens way too often that an app 'hijacks' the url-schema and breaks the AudioShare functionality).

So yeah, I'm in favour of using iOS standard features in favour of 3rd party stuff even though AudioShare is pretty much 'standard' among many users, but still a 3rd party...

• edited April 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    @retronyms are you guys aware of these bugs? If fixes aren't already in the works and due pretty soon then I'm probably heading the refund route... What's the scoop on likely time frame?

Will make a quick video tomoro to illustrate the issues more clearly.

@Dawdles The Link transport bug is logged, but the tempo issue isn't in there. Videos would be helpful. I can add them to the logs too. Like I said a few days ago, this update is not on schedule just yet. I'd like to see it updated soon than later (preferable before years end). - Niki

• @Dawdles said:

@Retronyms said:

@Dawdles said:
    @retronyms are you guys aware of these bugs? If fixes aren't already in the works and due pretty soon then I'm probably heading the refund route... What's the scoop on likely time frame?

Will make a quick video tomoro to illustrate the issues more clearly.

@Dawdles The Link transport bug is logged, but the tempo issue isn't in there. Videos would be helpful. I can add them to the logs too. Like I said a few days ago, this update is not on schedule just yet. I'd like to see it updated soon than later (preferable before years end). - Niki

@Retronyms These kind of bugs really need fixing before then. You seem kinda blasé about it which doesn't really come across well. Looking at the version history it looks like you supported it for less than a month after release then just shelved it, even with significant bugs logged.

Surely you should have been able to fix some of these bugs over the past year since? Even if only worked on them for couple of hours occasionally? And you say it might still be another 8 months and isn't even firmly on your schedule roadmap :/

Sorry but not really sure I wanna support this kind of company. Will grab refund and buy again if the bugs ever get sorted.

You potentially have one of the best apps Ive found on ios with this one but at the moment it's just a heap of wasted potential and a bad advert for your company's support ethos and priorities :(

I'll make quick videos later before refund.

Hey @Dawdles, I'm definitely not blase about fixing these bugs or an update in general. I'm doing my best to be straightforward and not misleading. I'm one of the apps strongest advocates and I'll push for an update, but please understand there are a lot of moving pieces.

Also, note we are aware of the keyboard bug on iPhones.

Thanks,
    Niki

• wimwim
    edited April 2018

@Retronyms said:
    ...I'm definitely not blase about fixing these bugs or an update in general. I'm doing my best to be straightforward and not misleading. I'm one of the apps strongest advocates and I'll push for an update, but please understand there are a lot of moving pieces.

Thanks,
    Niki

I would like to say that I really appreciate your forthrightness. You are willing to take the heat rather than promise something that Retronyms management isn't going to allocate resources toward any time soon. That shows individual character at least. It sounds like your hands are tied and you're being fair and honest with people here.

It is too bad since it really is a good app other than the un-addressed problems and shortcomings.

• @wim said:

@Retronyms said:
    ...I'm definitely not blase about fixing these bugs or an update in general. I'm doing my best to be straightforward and not misleading. I'm one of the apps strongest advocates and I'll push for an update, but please understand there are a lot of moving pieces.

Thanks,
    Niki

I would like to say that I really appreciate your forthrightness. You are willing to take the heat rather than promise something that Retronyms management isn't going to allocate resources toward any time soon. That shows individual character at least. It sounds like your hands are tied and you're being fair and honest with people here.

+1

• @MonzoPro said:

@wim said:

@Retronyms said:

Thanks,
    Niki

+1

• I stumbled over Looperverse today as they are doing a sale on it and its universal.
    is it any good? Can I use my iRig HD2 to play my guitar and so some looping or/and overdubbing!?
    I was looking at "hook" for being able to use quickly my purchased loops and sounds, but this one here looks like its not that far away from that idea too :)
    thanks for insights!

• wimwim
    edited June 2018

It’s OK. You can do what you said with it I’m sure (don’t have the HD2, but the pro works).

Don’t expect regular updates. They haven’t done anything with it really since initial bug fixes, etc.

• thanks @wim
    yeah I saw the last update 1 year ago... thats always a bad indicator for an app (isn't it!?) feels strange and kinda abandon already...

• I don’t judge apps by how often they are updated unless they’re buggy or missing key features. I think people should be satisfied when an app is “done”. I’m virtually alone in that opinion though.

I only tossed that out there to set expectations.

• Strangely on App Shopper it states that the app was removed from the store ,but it shows fine plus on sale (5.5€)
    I watch the app since launch, are there any major bugs left or missing any critical feature ?

• I haven’t used it that much. Seemed OK to me. I think I remember grumbling about some features people felt it should have. I dunno.

• @wim said:
    I don’t judge apps by how often they are updated unless they’re buggy or missing key features. I think people should be satisfied when an app is “done”. I’m virtually alone in that opinion though.

I only tossed that out there to set expectations.

For what it’s worth I agree that many apps are fine as they are and that devs don’t owe us an infinite number of free enhancements to apps

• @Korakios said:
    I watch the app since launch, are there any major bugs left or missing any critical feature ?

Transport quantization with Ableton Link is broken, if that’s a feature you care about.

• edited June 2018

@Rebus_Knebus said:

@Korakios said:

Transport quantization with Ableton Link is broken, if that’s a feature you care about.

Thanks for the warning , until next update / sale then :)

• updates is no a regular thing with @Retronyms apps, look at TT and now Looperverse.

• I am not talking about major updates and new features and stuff when I am whiny about updates... more like these point releases that show, we are still here maintaining the thing. Doing what is necessary to make it running on latest systems... some minor bug fix updates (just seeing it’s still on their agenda and attention)

• @wim said:
    I haven’t used it that much. Seemed OK to me. I think I remember grumbling about some features people felt it should have. I dunno.

I grumbled about the audio wrapping, which prevents proper editing, and wasn’t shown in the promo vid.

Potential for a killer app missed.

• edited June 2018

They refused to add the possibility of Midi learning Midi notes (as opposed to CC). So I don’t think they care very much and am using Quantiloop Pro instead. Works very well.

• So this hasn’t been updated ina year. Is it now considered abandonware, or is the dev just slow?

• @Zen210507 said:
    So this hasn’t been updated ina year. Is it now considered abandonware, or is the dev just slow?

Thats @Retronyms for you, they have their own agenda and don't listen to user base.

• @djjuniorpops said:
    Thats @Retronyms for you, they have their own agenda and don't listen to user base.

>

Such a shame, as the app clearly has potential. Why bother making it, if the aren’t interested in customer feedback. Mind you, that could be said of a few apps. :'(

• TT is such a unique and brilliant app and they seem to abandon it.
    see
    http://discchord.com/?currentPage=2

• edited June 2018

@Zen210507 said:

@djjuniorpops said:

>

Such a shame, as the app clearly has potential. Why bother making it, if the aren’t interested in customer feedback.

It’s the same for every release. I’d vowed never to buy another of their apps after the iMPCPro fiasco, but this looked so good in the release promo’s, and promised so much that I couldn’t resist.

However. If you’re not bothered by the audio wrapping, don’t mind the current state of functionality, it’s a nice thing.

If they’d added an option to disable auto-wrapping though, this would have made it the most powerful, flexible looper available.

But they didn’t.