Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget 3.0 custom track names

I just noticed in the new demo song that the track names are different from the normal few presets available.

Does anyone know how they do this? Can you name the tracks what you want in Gadget for Mac?

I haven't found a way on iOS.

Comments

• In the Mac version, if I double-click on the track name, I can call it what I want (added to "Track 1 / Track 2 / " etc.. iOS version, I can only choose the few available names (Boooo ! :).

I haven't taken a project from Mac to iOS yet, so I don't know if track names are retained.

• My guess is that they are retained from Mac to iOS - too bad we can't edit them on iOS though :disappointed:

• @Peter321 said:
    My guess is that they are retained from Mac to iOS - too bad we can't edit them on iOS though :disappointed:

Yay. Another plus point for me having bought the mac version too. I guess :).

• Not being able to use custom names on ios is one of the biggest annoyances with Gadget.
    When you have multiple instances of a Gadget, having them both named "drum" or "lead" is useless.
    Not to mention that the new "audio" label is completely redundant and adds zero information.
    Technically, ALL tracks are audio, and if you are distinguishing between audio and midi tracks, it's pretty obvious just by the wave form in the audio tracks, labelling these tracks "audio" isn't going to distinguish them any more.

• I clearly remember being able to rename the tracks to what ever!

• @Peter321 said:
    My guess is that they are retained from Mac to iOS - too bad we can't edit them on iOS though :disappointed:

Yes they are retained, but if you then click on the name in iOS you lose it.

• Instead of the weird random project name generator Korg needs to add track naming. I'm glad there's scene naming but especially with big projects tracks names need to be more descriptive than AUDIO or LEAD...

And Gadget really needs a counter system. Minutes and seconds & bars/beats are a necessity when creating songs & arranging. Not having these bedrock features will keep Gadget from being considered a DAW/production environment.

• @JRSIV said:

And Gadget really needs a counter system. Minutes and seconds & bars/beats are a necessity when creating songs & arranging. Not having these bedrock features will keep Gadget from being considered a DAW/production environment.

Another thing that's already in Gadget for Mac, let's hope it comes to iOS soon.

• @Peter321 said:

@JRSIV said:

Another thing that's already in Gadget for Mac, let's hope it comes to iOS soon.

Absolutely, I can't see why it's not included, to be honest.