Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
Audiobus 3 launches Monday, April 3rd!
Update from March 23rd
Because one of our launch partners is having some issues with some of their apps not passing App Review in time we're going to delay the launch for a few days. We know it's not a permanent issue, but we'd like to launch together with them.
We're going to use the time to improve the quality of the user experience, which will make me personally quite happy.
Audiobus 3 is ready and we're launching on a day that Gadget is not launching (+ maybe 1 or 2 days for the media to calm down about Gadget again). I'll announce the actual day as soon as we decide it for sure.
Here are the main features that are going to be interesting for existing Audiobus 2 users:
- A totally new way to set up MIDI connections between compatible apps. All IAA instruments that are compatible with Audiobus will be usable as MIDI destinations. MIDI controllers will need to update to the newest SDK and support Audiobus 3's MIDI system. We're launching with a few of the best MIDI controller apps for that. And of course MIDI filters are a whole new category of apps, of which there will be a handful when we launch, made by Johannes Dörr, the creator of midiFlow
- Support for Audio Unit Extensions.
- A basic input mixer to adjust volumes of all sound generators
- Apps with the new Audiobus 3 SDK will launch into the background. All MIDI controllers and filters with the new Audiobus MIDI system will support this. Combined with Audio Unit Extensions and the new Audiobus MIDI system this turns Audiobus 3 into a really amazing place to set up your whole workflow, save it as an Audiobus preset and then restore it later on.
- Support for split view and slide-over on compatible devices so that you can adjust the volume without having to switch apps - just slide in the side panel and use the Audiobus mixer in that. It's handy.
We've worked on this for more than 2 years now and the main focus of it was to save our users time and present them with a platform that is fun and inspiring to use. More making music, less thinking about how to do it.