Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Give a Little Take a Little

edited August 2013 in Creations

I decided to re-play and re-record this old song of mine, rather than just update the midi file and did some re-arranging as well. This was actually one of the first songs I ever wrote (must have been back in the 70s!)
I used Cubasis with Thumbjam for electric piano and bass, Galileo organs, Cubasis Studio Drumkit and my Epiphone Gibson Les Paul through Ampitube - all through Audiobus and mastered in Audio Mastering app - all on my iPad. :)

Comments

• Yet another great tune from you. You and @GalaxyExplorer pump out more songs than idk what. I'm still trying to learn the 736.5 apps I've somehow accumulated over the past 10 months...I'm on app number 12

• Very nice @AlterEgo_UK. It is quite amazing what can be done on an iPad!

• @AlterEgo_UK, yea, reminds me of my days in NW London back then.

@JMSexton, I hear you man, I have had to start a new folder just for all those App icons with the shiny blue "New" badge :(

shiny things syndrome. must resist ...

• @AlterEgo_UK: You're a maschine. Lots of good tracks from you here :)
    @JMSexton: Ha ha, yes but now i will make just 1 track a month or so... will take much more time for each track now.

• While we're on the topic, what is it that @AlterEgo_UK and @Galaxyexplorer are doing that makes them so prolific in this media, when I can't crank out a finished effort in a whole month? Do you guys have a dedicated 3 hours everyday for Apping? I can barley find enough time for dinner! Honestly, I was way more prolific when it was just a guitar, a piece of paper, and a 4-track recorder. But all that stuff seems so stone-age now. I need to learn a new routine to keep up with all my new tech!

• @noisehorse I generally only finish things when I restrict myself to a certain set of tools or a fixed idea of some sort. It's soooooo easy (and fun) to noodle forever* with all of these apps and sounds.

*Not that there's anything wrong with that. Some of my best friends are perpetual noodlers.

• That's it! I've got to stop noodling around and get myself a real song! I've noodled myself into perpetuity!

• Cheers, guys! :)
    @NoiseHorse: although I do download new apps occasionally, I now have my favourite few and have found a good workflow, which, helps speed up the process. Working with re-doing old songs and updating old midi files also helps increase my output (as does my current 2 weeks off work!). However, I have also been lucky with quite a bit more inspiration than usual for new stuff as well!

I am sure things will slow down soon (and/or I will reach the limit of my soundcloud account!) :)