Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Testing Sugru Mouldable Glue │ Repairing charger cables - haQ attaQ 207

Im testing Sugru mouldable glue! As mobile musicians, most of us have had a cable or two that broke from wear and tear. On top of that. How many times have we as iOS musicians had to buy new expensive USB cables for our iPhone and/or iPad chargers? These cables tend to break quite easily in that same spot, right at the connection point...always! Apart from this being expensive, it's also a total waste of resources. So Im testing Sugru, to see if my cables can be saved.

haQattaQ

Comments

• I recommend that you reinforce cables immediately when you buy them.

Once they are frayed, you are just covering a disaster. But you can build up a protective shield around the ends.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    I recommend that you reinforce cables immediately when you buy them.

Once they are frayed, you are just covering a disaster. But you can build up a protective shield around the ends.

I agree! I'm getting another pack when I come home from Berlin to preemptively reinforce the cable for my iPad Pro charger.

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    I recommend that you reinforce cables immediately when you buy them.

I agree! I'm getting another pack when I come home from Berlin to preemptively reinforce the cable for my iPad Pro charger.

• edited March 2017

@jakoB_haQ said:

Yeah, those are like a million USD.

• Big Sugru fan here. I've used it for lots of stuff around the studio— fit new phones into old docks, fix cracked covers, etc.. I even replaced a lost fader grip on a mixer. There are dots of it on the back of my phone right now so it doesn't slide around. I can vouch for the cable thing, but don't taper it too much as you reach the cable or the Sugru may pull away and tear over time

And do keep unused packs in the fridge— they last three times longer in there.

• @aaronpc said:

Freezer.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@aaronpc said:

Freezer.

What's the shelf life?

• I'm finally back from Berlin and the MMM2017 symposium. The Sugru repairs I did hold up nicely.

• edited March 2017

So wearing some disposable non latex gloves should solve the dirty finger problem yes?
    Still not sure this looks like something I'd be interested in. Timely video though as my cable has begun showing its insides. Tape did not hold up.

• Quality rubber-like protection whilst travelling is a Good Thing in my experience.