Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Has Anyone Talked to Marcos Alonso Lately?

Comments

• Who is he ? I'm genuinely curious.

• I think it's the Samplr developer. He's probably living his life and cashing his fat paychecks. @kobamoto is a bit obsessed with samplers. :smiley:

• Didn't he post that development on samplr is still ongoing like a month ago ? I wouldn't be too worried about it dying out before ios11. Pretty sure we'll see a 64bit update before then.

• I've given up on updates to samplr, it's always in development or on its way but never eventuates. If it happens one day I will be happy. Still my most used app. If it does get to the point where it's no longer supported on ios11 or 12 I have two iPads that won't be updated and will probably buy a third for redundancy as one of my iPads is doing weird thing with the battery. I ant to still be able to use samplr 10 years from now

• @mireko_2 said:
    I've given up on updates to samplr, it's always in development or on its way but never eventuates. If it happens one day I will be happy. Still my most used app. If it does get to the point where it's no longer supported on ios11 or 12 I have two iPads that won't be updated and will probably buy a third for redundancy as one of my iPads is doing weird thing with the battery. I ant to still be able to use samplr 10 years from now

i doubt he will let his baby die out. way i see it is he will update when he's forced to.
    regardless my ipad3 is permanently gonna remain as it is.

• He... IS WORKING ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :smile:

• @Lacm1993 said:
    He... IS WORKING ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :smile:

Yep. We don't get to know the pace but he hasn't gone away (at least not on twitter). Been pretty up front that he's still working on it but it's hard to find the time.

I feel similarly to @mireko_2. I've stopped hoping for an update at this point and just relaxed into enjoying it for what it is (even though I have a mile long wishlist). If an update lands, awesome. If not, well, it's still an awesome app as-is.

• he told me it was still alive but sometimes life happens... and that was a while ago.
    JB knows but he ain't tellin

• @telecharge said:
    I think it's the Samplr developer. He's probably living his life and cashing his fat paychecks. @kobamoto is a bit obsessed with samplers. :smiley:

:) there can only be one

• I saw him at his reactable show wit @Alexandernaut a few months ago. Apple has him busy. He is working on the OS X GUI. My sense is it's pretty demanding. Samplr is not abandonware, but it is low-urgencyware.

• For him maybe.

• edited March 2017

@kobamoto said:
    he told me it was still alive but sometimes life happens... and that was a while ago.
    JB knows but he ain't tellin

When 'life happens' that usually means 'poo times' most of your spare time and if by any chance 'life happens 2' sequel comes out within 2 years of the first Alonso will be too tired to pick up the Oscars let alone develop Samplr.