Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Akai mpc on android.

Comments

• lol isn't that the one everyone around here shits on all the time?

• @db909 said:
    lol isn't that the one everyone around here shits on all the time?

I think that's mpc pro. Not 100% sure tho

• Oddly it still seems to called iMPC

• @db909 said:

It's the previous version iMpc, not sure about its shitness :V

• @gav said:

@db909 said:

I think that's mpc pro. Not 100% sure tho

The Pro.

Funnily enough I re-downloaded it again this morning to see if there'd been any improvements in the update. For the umpteenth time I was disappointed with the weird UI, annoying way it auto starts a sequence when you press play on an IAA host or DAW, and then it crashed.

Deleted again, another 'shitting on' post.

• For Android it will be a nice app. Completely useless on iOS world. Wish it will disappear on App Store and forget about iMpc Classic sh*t....

• Oddly it still seems to called iMPC

• edited February 2017

@BiancaNeve said:
    Oddly it still seems to called iMPC

That's the original name it used to have for iOS . Then the devs abandoned it ,named it iMpc Classic and launched the 'new' app iMpc Pro.

Fortunately there is still hope for Audiobus (even jack support) lol

_Does the iMPC support Audiobus or Jack audio and MIDI routing?

A: The iMPC app does not currently support Audiobus or Jack. However, we are looking into these features for a possible future update._

http://www.akaipro.com/kb/article/1521

• The impc community is one of the best of any ios App.

That has nothing to do with the Samsung (android?) port. Unfortunately.

• looks like a party I'll bring the charmin

• sorry guys, you're gonna have to bring your own roll, the impc pro is working on my iPad like it has never worked today.... sampling animoog via iaa, I think I'm gonna just shut up about it now I don't want to jinx it

• My first Android phone was in late 2009, the MyTouch 3G Fender Special Edition that Clapton did T-Mobile spots for.

Even then the hype was that Android was supposed to be this music production friendly OS but aside from metronomes & guitar tuners it never really materialized much.

The makers of Osciilab had a very cool app called Uloops, later renamed Pocketband, that used the cloud to store the recordings made with it's loop based Caustic style setup.
    I used it for a few months but since USB OTG into the Android micro USB port wouldn't work, making interfaces & other peripherals useless, I faded away from using it.

Apple is just miles ahead as far as music production software goes, but I hope Android gets some traction and get some breakthrough apps. Competition is a good thing...

• edited March 2017

@JRSIV said:
    My first Android phone was in late 2009, the MyTouch 3G Fender Special Edition that Clapton did T-Mobile spots for.

Even then the hype was that Android was supposed to be this music production friendly OS but aside from metronomes & guitar tuners it never really materialized much.

The makers of Osciilab had a very cool app called Uloops, later renamed Pocketband, that used the cloud to store the recordings made with it's loop based Caustic style setup.
    I used it for a few months but since USB OTG into the Android micro USB port wouldn't work, making interfaces & other peripherals useless, I faded away from using it.

Apple is just miles ahead as far as music production software goes, but I hope Android gets some traction and get some breakthrough apps. Competition is a good thing...

Believe the audio lag has become much less since Android 6. Also Samsung has I recall correct a special implemenation that is also faster with handling audio. Not certain though where Android is with the audio lag, but if they can make it as good as Apple does probably a lot of musics will go Android, just because it's so much easier to shuffle files around.

• @JRSIV said:
    My first Android phone was in late 2009, the MyTouch 3G Fender Special Edition that Clapton did T-Mobile spots for.

that is one hideous phone :neutral:

• @mireko_2 said:

@JRSIV said:

LOL! Damn brother, well I know it wasn't for everybody. It is a relic compared to today, ran on Android Donut or Eclair at the highest, less than 256MB RAM, etc. I still have it in a drawer, when Froyo came out an OTA update came up & it installed totally bricking the goddamn thing.

@mannix is right, Android is much better since 6, which is why an app like this MPC drum machine is finally coming out n the OS. I still prefer Android for smartphones, the Galaxy S6 I have is perfect for my needs. Music is strictly Apple device territory IMO. You can make a demo or songwriting notes on Android but there's nothing in the ballpark of Auria or Cubase.

• All they had to do was implement pattern chaining, i.e. Song mode and all cou

• edited March 2017

@JRSIV said:

@mireko_2 said:

@JRSIV said:

LOL! Damn brother, well I know it wasn't for everybody. It is a relic compared to today, ran on Android Donut or Eclair at the highest, less than 256MB RAM, etc. I still have it in a drawer, when Froyo came out an OTA update came up & it installed totally bricking the goddamn thing.

@mannix is right, Android is much better since 6, which is why an app like this MPC drum machine is finally coming out n the OS. I still prefer Android for smartphones, the Galaxy S6 I have is perfect for my needs. Music is strictly Apple device territory IMO. You can make a demo or songwriting notes on Android but there's nothing in the ballpark of Auria or Cubase.

I probably move away from Apple phones as soon as there is a sort of alternative for apps like TriqTraq or Figure. So apps that where really made for small(er) screens. The whole tendency to make apps universal is nice but just not for my eyes and fingers. Good examples of this hardly workable apps are iDensity and Fieldscaper. Perfect apps for iPad but a sort of nogo-apps on iPhones. So I hardly do music on my iPhone because screensize is just too small for me.

• edited August 2021

does anyone have the APK for this? I know its been discontinued.