Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quick Question on MIDI monitoring

I want to just monitor some MIDI input, on Mac I'd use the somewhat obviously named MIDImonitor App, what's the best equivalent on iOS?

TIA!

Comments

• I'm using MIDI Wrench, which is pretty good. But it's likely going to get lost in the 32 bit app purge soon.

• Midiflow can do the trick

• Thanks. I'll take a look at those.

• @cuscolima said:
    Midiflow can do the trick

But it is pretty limited, for example it doesn't show the channel.

• @mschenkel.it said:

@cuscolima said:
    Midiflow can do the trick

But it is pretty limited, for example it doesn't show the channel.

You can add filters in midiflow. For exemple, if you have 3 channels to monitor, you can add three times a virtual input, set the first ad restricted to 1, the second as restricted to 2 and the third as restricted to 3...and so on. At the end, you can see only the event that occurs per channel

• Was using MIDI wrench, but recently I used the new MIDI Scope app, its free and gives me the info I need...much like MIDI Wrench!

• @TozBourne said:
    Was using MIDI wrench, but recently I used the new MIDI Scope app, its free and gives me the info I need...much like MIDI Wrench!

Second this, and Midi Scope retains what's captured in background mode, and has all the filters for channels, message types etc.

• @TozBourne said:
    Was using MIDI wrench, but recently I used the new MIDI Scope app, its free and gives me the info I need...much like MIDI Wrench!

Thanks

MIDIscope is perfect, though I saw your post after I'd already forked out for MIDIflow. DOh!

• Thanks @TozBourne midi scope is great

• edited February 2017

MidiFlow has display options that include "nice" which shows the channel separately, if you have difficulty discerning the channel number in the hex mode display.