Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Saus Bersih"

Used a lot of Frum on this track. Enjoy!

Comments

• Great track! I love how punchy the drums are, and great use of the stereo field

• That's fun! I forgot all about Frum. Need to get that back out of the toy box and have a fresh play. Very nice use of it. I get mostly interesting loops, but you've managed an excellent full song composition. Cheers

• @cl516, that was great! I've never heard of Frum before, but I loved the drums and electronic percussion parts you had going on. Loved the way the bass made its entrance, and I think my favorite part was the introduction of the offbeat chords around 49 seconds in. Almost reggae-ish. Could you share a little more about the creation of the track? I'd love to know what DAW you used, how you got the different drum, percussion, and synth parts to sync so tightly together, any other DAW effects you used, etc. Thanks for sharing a great track!

• edited February 2017

Great track. And listening to Depeche Mode in 1981, this is EXACTLY what I thought the future would sound like.
    Yeah, I forgot all about Frum too. Is it still considered an identity-theft trojan horse, or have they abandoned the Internet-connection requirement in any recent updates? :)

• edited February 2017

Whoa thx for listening y'all! The future sounds like... that's a huge compliment @ExAsperis99

@Joel75 I just upgraded to LPX after more than 8 years on the old Logic. Frum was really a driving force for the track's feel. The offbeat chords were from Legend by Synapse Audio. But overall, it's a mix of both soft synths and hardware (Korg Minilogue and MS20 mini).

P.S. I mention Frum, but I used it as an instrument, and obviously didn't build the whole track with it, so as not to mislead anyone. :smile:

• @cl516 said:
    Whoa thx for listening y'all! The future sounds like... that's a huge compliment @ExAsperis99

@Joel75 I just upgraded to LPX after more than 8 years on the old Logic. Frum was really a driving force for the track's feel. The offbeat chords were from Legend by Synapse Audio. But overall, it's a mix of both soft synths and hardware (Korg Minilogue and MS20 mini).

P.S. I mention Frum, but I used it as an instrument, and obviously didn't build the whole track with it, so as not to mislead anyone. :smile:

Oh. Obviously wasn't "obvious" to me ;) I've heard some of the Frum community tracks that achieved an actual composed song out of the app only and I thought you had too.

Still a nice track though.

• edited February 2017

@skiphunt said:
    Oh. Obviously wasn't "obvious" to me ;) I've heard some of the Frum community tracks that achieved an actual composed song out of the app only and I thought you had too.

Ha! I mention it because I'm sure I don't have the skill to use Frum to that level! In fact, I'm sure I don't have the skills to use exclusively one of anything and come up with results remotely decent sounding.

EDIT:
    @Joel75 I recorded it analog out analog in, the old-fashioned way.

• Downloaded Frum. For $3 I figured why not? What a bizarre app, definitely going to take some getting used to. Pretty cool electronic percussion sounds, though. @cl516, how did you get the Frum sounds into Logic? From what I'm reading it doesn't look like there's anyway to export or copy anything you create in the app.

• This is great.

• I liked it. Digital palm trees.