Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Annual update on Bandcamp’s business"

I know there's been talk of Soundcloud and Bandcamp business models 'round these parts lately. Came across this and thought others might be interested. Love that Bandcamp actually publishes something like this.

First paragraph has the key bits of positive news:

And now some genuinely great news in an otherwise unremarkable week: every aspect of Bandcamp’s business was up in 2016. Digital album sales grew 20%, tracks 23%, and merch 34%. Growth in physical sales was led by vinyl, which was up 48%, and further boosted by CDs (up 14%) and cassettes (up 58%). Every single one of these numbers represents an acceleration over last year’s growth. Hundreds of thousands of artists joined Bandcamp in 2016, more than 2,000 independent labels came on board (like Dischord, Merge, and Dualtone), and the rate of fan signups tripled. Fans have now paid artists nearly $200 million using Bandcamp, and they buy a record every three seconds, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Full post:
https://daily.bandcamp.com/2017/01/24/everything-is-terrific-the-bandcamp-2016-year-in-review/

Getting Dischord seems like quite the coup!

Comments

• It seems a healthier business model than soundcloud for sure, and they know what their priorities are.

• I can't think of anything other than positive things to say about Bandcamp. I hope they're able to carry on with things in a similiar way in the future.

• edited February 2017

Completely in love with Bandcamp!

So much to like about their business model. I can only see things getting bigger and greater for them. In direct contrast to Soundcloud's path.