Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A bit of love for Nave

I missed out on the recent Z3ta+ sale due to my prolonged fence-sitting. I had a go with it around a friend's place, and though it had a lot of unique features and sounds going for it, noticed a few passing resemblances to Nave, which I already have.

Nave probably sits about halfway between my 'abandoned' and 'go to' synth folders. It gets a bit of use, but apart from a few sessions when I first bought it, I'm guilty of not exploring it in depth, and it's been pushed aside by the new kids on the block: Model 15, Addictive Pro, Odyssei etc. etc.

Anyway, as I didn't have a new thing to play with I thought I'd spend a bit of time exploring Nave in more depth, and have been completely blown away by what it can do. There's an incredible depth to this thing, and the sound is as good as it gets. I'm shocked by what I've been missing out on with this one, and it's now been promoted even past the 'go to' folder to 'essentials'.

I'm now wondering what else I've been missing out on, while chasing after the next new shiny thing. But for the next few weeks anyway I'll be using this one, and thought I'd give it a bit of love on here as you don't see it mentioned that often.

Comments