Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tips for BIG drums in Gadget?

I'm using Gadget a lot these days but never quite get the drums to sound as intense as I'd like in there. Any tips to make them hit harder? Is the key side chaining, compression, layering...all of these? I watched @jakoB_haQ do some magic on video to DnB drumming which was helpful, but I'm still not quite there. Suggestions? Techniques? Thanks!

Comments

• Get the acoustic drum Gadget, turn gain up all the way, turn compression up all the way. Absolutely massive!

• I use a duplicate drum track leaving all effects off on the first track and compress and eq the second track to get the right schmack.

• I always turn the master limiter up between 50-80. It's quite nicely tuned. That solved similar issues for me.

• Import good samples into bilbao

• iPad Pro 12.9". :)

• Also don't forget, to make one element bigger, consider making other elements smaller! All too easy to forget that!

• @db909 said:
    Also don't forget, to make one element bigger, consider making other elements smaller! All too easy to forget that!

This. If everything is big, wide, bright, punchy, etc, etc... then nothing is big, wide, bright, punchy, etc, etc. I read that somewhere once and it is damn true.

• edited January 2017

One technique to try with drum eq is to use a parametric eq and boost the mid freq gain, and sweep the freq around, until you find the honkiest, most uncool sound you can, then take the gain down, and see if it sounds better cutting that offensive frequency.

Depending on how deep you cut, you may need to bring the track volume up a little, to match the volume of what it was before the eq. It's embarrassingly easy to get fooled with mixing, that anything that is louder sounds better, and quieter worse. Important to match the volume with the bypassed sound, when you're clicking the effect/processor off and on, to see if it made things better or worse, regardless of what it did to the volume.

• Thanks, all. I've only been using London and Bilbao so far and have been pretty conservative with the limiter (~20). Got the 12.9" iPad Pro covered which at least makes the drums LOOK bigger. ;) I will try some of these suggestions!

• If you use Darwin, there's a KettleDrum patch in the Orchestra1 card. …unless you can find a bigger drum than a timpani, that is.

• Exactly!

Duplicate drum track :)

@dabusgo said:
    I use a duplicate drum track leaving all effects off on the first track and compress and eq the second track to get the right schmack.