Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Measurement vs Normal mode

I've seen measurement mode described as high quality mode. It would be good to hear your experiences in terms of perceived quality improvement and perhaps differences in load to the system.

I remember reading somewhere about extended bass etc. I have it on in audiobus but since I'm not hearing any difference in sound I'd rather have it off it that means less risks to system stability.

Well, what are your thoughts?

Comments

• edited January 2017

There is some internal effect thing on ios (at least thought the headphone ports input, not sure if it applies to output or audio over usb). Measurement mode takes it off, which means less cpu strain and unprocessed audio. I use it when ever possible. If you are using something like irig2(which is basically just a plug to headphone port) with guitar, its supposed to make the guitar sound quite a bit better, havent tested it with that tho. I think how big of a difference you notice on the tone depends on where its being used.

• edited January 2017

I am almost positive that it only affects the built in mic (or mic plugged into the headphone jack). USB or other audio interfaces connected digitally with lightning are not affected by the internal processing that measurement mode disables.

• I'm (out > @sonosaurus said:

I am almost positive that it only affects the built in mic (or mic plugged into the headphone jack). USB or other audio interfaces connected digitally with lightning are not affected by the internal processing that measurement mode disables.

Ok, good to know. I hardly ever use it so no change is good news,

• Used in apps that don't want external processing done on the audio signal input/output. Good bit of variance though as its used variously, apps can modify the behavior to mix in other audio signals, use ducking, and the like. It uses the mic as an input - so this may account for volume changes, if the mode is triggered... I think.

• Audiobus has a bug and since iOS 8 measurement mode is not working.