Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• So, yeah. Jakob's presets are FREAKIN AWESOME!

The tempo sync is very nice--so more goodness for an already good synth app.

• Is there a sound demo of Jakobs presets? They tend to be awesome, if the presets for Sunrizer & Thor are anything to go by. This might be what finally flips me over to purchase the app. :)

• @hellquist said:
    Is there a sound demo of Jakobs presets? They tend to be awesome, if the presets for Sunrizer & Thor are anything to go by. This might be what finally flips me over to purchase the app. :)

Here's some of them by the man himself :)

• @Samu said:
    Here's some of them by the man himself :)

Haha, thanks Samu. I wrote my reply, went to make some coffee and as I came back and sat down I was thinking: "I should perhaps check Haq Attaq" as Jakob...well...that is what he does, demo things. Had to read the reply here first though. :)

• Considering Poison-202 does AUv3 and has host-sync for LFOs and Delay in the latest update makes it a really good 'all-a-rounder'. Sure as with everything things can be improved but it's one of my go-to apps when I'm not using Gadget :)

• Must be a Jakhaq bass/bass influenced thing, but whenever I see 'Poison' I read Poisson.....weird.

• Something fishy....

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    So, yeah. Jakob's presets are FREAKIN AWESOME!

They are! I'm shocked

• Here Jakob demos the presets:

• I literally bought this app last night.. nice timing i guess

• edited January 2017

@realdavidai Thank you for posting about this update!

And to everyone else that commented, thank you! I had a blast reading what ya'll wrote. Awesome forum! =D

• @jakoB_haQ said:
    @realdavidai Thank you for posting about this update!

And to everyone else that commented, thank you! I had a blast reading what ya'll wrote. Awesome forum! =D

Can Poison 202 do excellent comping type keyboards? I would love to see a bank just for these.

• Bought this to finish the post Alchemy depression and wow, this thing sounds so good. It's in my top right now. Awesome patches...

• Man those jakoB presets are among the best I've ever heard. Quite amazing.

• yeah great patches... I avoided this synth for a while due to the gui and name really but it's a very powerful thing and quite varied in the types of sounds it can make.

• Does Poisson respond to program change messages for patch switching via midi?

• @supadom said:
    Does Poisson respond to program change messages for patch switching via midi?

The answer is yes. Program change and bank select.

• @Ivan_Dj said:

@supadom said:

Cool, interested.

How about footprint? Is it stable when used in audiobus with other apps or is it in the league of moog synths? I'm using Sunrizer at the moment and that is super light but I'm getting a bit bored with the sound.

• @High5denied said:
    Man those jakoB presets are among the best I've ever heard. Quite amazing.

Cool to read this. I felt the same. Positively world-class.

• Poison-202 is relatively lightweight (~10MB) and it's pretty CPU-Friendly(On my Air 2) so it's easy to use multiple AUv3 instances with Cubasis or AUM.

At the moment the AUv3 instance does not include support for the arpeggiator but lfo's and delay can be synced to host-tempo if needed.

Also, the current version does not include AudioBus support.
    (I think Jim is waiting for AudioBus 3 before jumping on the AB-train).

• edited January 2017

@supadom said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

@supadom said:

Cool, interested.

How about footprint? Is it stable when used in audiobus with other apps or is it in the league of moog synths? I'm using Sunrizer at the moment and that is super light but I'm getting a bit bored with the sound.

Careful, no AudioBus support at present. That said, I host it in AUM and then bring it through AB. And Sunrizer has been my main squeeze up to this point. Poison is scratching the itch for new sounds for me--and layering patches using multiple instances in AUM sounds massive. Love it.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

@supadom said:

Cool, interested.

Careful, no AudioBus support at present. That said, I host it in AUM and then bring it through AB. And Sunrizer has been my main squeeze up to this point. Poison is scratching the itch for new sounds for me--and layering patches using multiple instances in AUM sounds massive. Love it.

Ouch. Well, I'm gonna stay put until loopy 3 is out. That should sort out all of my tribulations. Not that any of them are actually that bad.

• @supadom and/or resident encyclopedia @Samu or anyone else who might know: how do I measure things like footprint/load of apps running, whilst they are running? Is that possible? I mean, just looking at file size to download from the appstore doesn't really tell me what is uses when it is loaded and running, right?

I have tried using a couple of benchmark tools (Geekbench 3 and Performance-something can't see full name), but the ones I have don't specify where my ram/cpu is being used, only how much is used for the actual benchmark.

I would definitely be interested in finding the smallest memory footprint/cpu combo that still sounds good and is as capable as possible, but right now it is more of a gut feeling (Laplace is probably lighter than Model 15 etc).

• @hellquist said:
    @supadom and/or resident encyclopedia @Samu or anyone else who might know: how do I measure things like footprint/load of apps running, whilst they are running? Is that possible? I mean, just looking at file size to download from the appstore doesn't really tell me what is uses when it is loaded and running, right?

I have tried using a couple of benchmark tools (Geekbench 3 and Performance-something can't see full name), but the ones I have don't specify where my ram/cpu is being used, only how much is used for the actual benchmark.

I would definitely be interested in finding the smallest memory footprint/cpu combo that still sounds good and is as capable as possible, but right now it is more of a gut feeling (Laplace is probably lighter than Model 15 etc).

I generally just load up my live audiobus preset and then the app in question. If it runs at 128 frames without crackles or other strangeness it is a pass. I also occasionally run an app called system tools that gives me a general idea of how much ram/cpu am app use but it won't give you a static figure, it does fluctuate. I don't think the size of the app has anything to do with its weight on the system.

Model 15 and Auria are possibly the most resources hungry apps at the moment.

• May be a dumb question but how the hell do you name your own patches? I can't figure it out. I can save them but I see no where to name

• edited January 2017

@db909 said:
    May be a dumb question but how the hell do you name your own patches? I can't figure it out. I can save them but I see no where to name

Select patch button (below Osc1 and 2 and LFO/FX buttons on left) then select rename and a window should appear to rename patch and give it a name then select ok and then select write. The patch should now be named.

• @Artmuzz thank you! Didn't expect that to be where it was