Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Direct Mapping Midi Chords

Hey guys, just wondering if there is an app that can do with chords that scalegen can do with scale notes.

ScaleGen has an option to direct map the notes of a midi controller to play scale notes. This is most helpful with the Quneo, which has no scale mode. It will play the scale notes as you step up chromatically.

I would like an app that could do that with chords, and direct map the chords chromatically.

I am trying to find useful ways to integrate my Quneo into my setup before I decide to sell it.

Comments

• Don't know if this is exactly what your looking for, but maybe worth a look, Midi Mind,

• Hmmm, I just bought this and it won't even open on iPad mini 4. Got it to start on the Pro but after a few minutes it just keeps crashing there as well. No updates since august 2014, so it looks like it's been abandoned :-(. Will have to get a refund...

• @gmslayton ... in ChordPolyPad there are many midi options, among them to trigger programmable pads from keyboard.

• edited January 2017

Have a look at Changeling.

Actually I don't think that will help, quneo is more of a pad controller isn't it.

• @ccs2 said:
    @gmslayton ... in ChordPolyPad there are many midi options, among them to trigger programmable pads from keyboard.

CCP seems to be the best functional one available. And it's very cool. Not sure if it fits the bill for you, @gmslayton but definitely very useful.

• please let us know what you settle on and how it works out for you

• I think ChordPolyPad would be the best fit. I am waiting to hear back from them about a couple things and I am having trouble downloading their manual.

Next it will just be waiting on the funds.

• edited January 2017

Changeling, suggested by @BiancaNeve , can actually create chords from the midi-incoming notes played by scalegen. Then point the midi out to ChordPolyPad, highlighting notes manually on its pianoroll with the pen-function activated.Or maybe scalelocking an external keyboard with scalegen to play your own chords back in via scalegen's 'chordpolypad virtual out' if you like to setup scalecompliant chordsets for the quneo, @gmslayton

• I think right now Navichord is going work out. I havent really explored it that much but I found that you can midi map the pads, which you can set to a wide variety of chords. Custom chords would be cool but I think it will work. I will post a video once I get it working.

• edited January 2017

@Navichord extendind the custom scales with importable .scale files (like Thumbjam) would be interesting for creating chords for its pads :smile: > @gmslayton

• @ccs2 @Navichord I am finding the chord selection limiting when trying to use some extended chords. A simple build your own chord option would be nice, that way I can select the notes I want and move them around on the octave as needed to invert and put certain notes in the bass.

• @gmslayton thanks. You can build custom chords, but they will not be detected and named. Just press your custom chord notes, then save the result on a pad.

• @Navichord Awesome, just figured that out. Thanks.