Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Interface from iConnectivity

Comments

• I like that price. Just wish they'd come out with an interface with a smaller form factor.

• Not bad at all, but I fail to see innovation here...
    I was more expecting something like an ICA8+ , with 8 preamps, 4 usb to connect 4 iPads...
    A bit more like Elektron with Overbridge.

• How does it connect with 1 usb port only?

• how much?

• @eross said:
    how much?

Est. Street Price: $149.99 USD

• How is it different from the 2+?

• No USB hub so no go for me

• Ah, that explains it. No thanks.

• edited January 2017

Yes please! This looks great to me, as cheap as focusrite 2i2 but has MIDI and 4 outs. I've been thinking about how 4 outs would be nice for stage use. click track to drummer, for example

• its kinda sad really. the best parts of the iconnectaudio4+ are missing.
    i would much rather have them release an 8+, a 16+ or the 4+ magically
    running off bus power than a single system 2+...

• Is it my imagination or have they dropped the i ....
    So this is just a bog standard audio interface

• edited January 2017

I wonder if it charges an ipad, with their special (expensive) USB to lightning cable? The little icon just shows a computer, rather than a computer and an ipad.

Looks like a regular audio interface. The subtle perk over similar inexpensive interfaces is that you have a separate headphone mix, which could be an alt output. I think the ICA4+ is the real one for the in depth IOS heads. I've been enjoying mine. The host port, with a powered hub is pretty cool, to run your pile of midi controllers.

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    or the 4+ magically running off bus power..

I don't think that is possible, because the ICA4+ has a big fat power supply (3.5 amps I believe), to be able to charge the IOS stuff at the rate people want.

• @Hmtx said:
    Yes please! This looks great to me, as cheap as focusrite 2i2 but has MIDI and 4 outs. I've been thinking about how 4 outs would be nice for stage use. click track to drummer, for example

This is a valid point that I missed--as long as the separate outs are recognized by AudioBus or AUM as separate for click track, etc. It's a crowded market for boxes in that price range...

• have the iconnect stuff gotten to where it's just plug and go or is it still kind of complex to configure?

• @kobamoto said:
    have the iconnect stuff gotten to where it's just plug and go or is it still kind of complex to configure?

No idea. But I am biased against these boxes cuz I couldn't make one work and returned it. And I work in software development for a living... Still, others love them, so YMMV.

• I messed around with one a bit, but I didn't like it at the time.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Hmtx said:

This is a valid point that I missed--as long as the separate outs are recognized by AudioBus or AUM as separate for click track, etc. It's a crowded market for boxes in that price range...

I agree, this matters to me. I have an iCA4+ as well as a couple other interfaces, and the iCA4+ is the only one with balanced outs that I feel comfortable giving to a soundman for FOH.

• @Processaurus said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    or the 4+ magically running off bus power..

I don't think that is possible, because the ICA4+ has a big fat power supply (3.5 amps I believe), to be able to charge the IOS stuff at the rate people want.

Hence why i said magically. I know its not probable but if the Keith Mcmillan K-Mix can run off bus power its not totally impossible.

• @Shaken&;Stirred said:
    I agree, this matters to me. I have an iCA4+ as well as a couple other interfaces, and the iCA4+ is the only one with balanced outs that I feel comfortable giving to a soundman for FOH.

Yeah, this is why I bought one in the first place. I wonder sometimes if I got a lemon because I followed the instructions for routing and tried several times to no avail. How do you configure the outs for FOH?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Shaken&;Stirred said:

Yeah, this is why I bought one in the first place. I wonder sometimes if I got a lemon because I followed the instructions for routing and tried several times to no avail. How do you configure the outs for FOH?

Hey, not sure I understand the question, but I configured the iCA4+ to send vocals out Analog out 1, guitar to Analog out 2 and keys to Analog out 3. I didn't mess with stereo for live.

I've recently relocated 1000 miles to the south and don't have that configuration loaded in my device anymore, but I'll try to help if I can. That iConnect app can be tough to configure. What problems are you having?

• A tip on iConfig. My approach is to clear everything out in terms of routing, then add back in only the routes I need - for both MIDI and audio.

Also, keep a clear idea in your mind about what's a source and what's a destination, and, with the mix bus, take care not to create double entries, e.g. from Line in Audio to the mix bus, and also from Line in Audio through to a connected device and out to the mix bus - else you'll get some strange audio interactions - like comb filtering - in the mix.

Make sure you've got the signal path from A->B clear in each case therefore.