Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wuh-oh; battery problems after latest iOS?

iPad Air 2 suddenly misreporting battery. Jumped from 13 to 2, plugged it in, back to 13, started using it, down to 5. Anyone else getting this?

Comments

• My wife's iPhone 6s has had some battery issues lately. It would be at 20% then it would shut off.

• edited January 2017

Not really. Seems very strange.

• @gmslayton said:
    My wife's iPhone 6s has had some battery issues lately. It would be at 20% then it would shut off.

This is a known bug from what I have read.

• @anickt said:

@gmslayton said:
    My wife's iPhone 6s has had some battery issues lately. It would be at 20% then it would shut off.

My daughter's iPhone 6 has it too. It'll be running fine but once the battery hits 33% it shuts off.

• Haven't experienced it myself luckily enough.

• I just got my wife an 10000 mAh external battery. She does marketing with Chick-Fil-A and is out and about a lot so having that external battery has mitigated the issue.

• Hmm, yeah I mean 90% of the time it's plugged in with CCK and my interface, so it's only when I'm using it for emails and stuff on the couch that it becomes an issue. Still kinda lame though. And the screen rotation still isn't working properly either. Come on Apple...

• @philowerx said:

@anickt said:

@gmslayton said:

My daughter's iPhone 6 has it too. It'll be running fine but once the battery hits 33% it shuts off.

I had a similar problem with an iPhone 5, took it to an Apple shop and they diagnosed a faulty battery. It was a known manufacturing problem for certain devices and Apple replaced the battery without charging anything, even tho i bought it 2.5 years ago.

• @chimp_spanner said:
    iPad Air 2 suddenly misreporting battery. Jumped from 13 to 2, plugged it in, back to 13, started using it, down to 5. Anyone else getting this?

Your battery needs a reset (recalibration).

http://iphone-tricks.com/tutorial/375-calibrate-iphone-battery-for-a-more-accurate-percentage

• 10.0.# had battery drain issues.
    10.1.# resolved those.
    10.2.# back to some ol' bullshit with the battery.

So I'm NOT going crazy! Stupid Apple, quit reintroducing known bugs!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    10.0.# had battery drain issues.
    10.1.# resolved those.
    10.2.# back to some ol' bullshit with the battery.

So I'm NOT going crazy! Stupid Apple, quit reintroducing known bugs!

Happens with all mobile devices after a while, including android and laptops. It happens because most people don't discharge their devices once a month till 0% or when updating your rom/ios. Your battery stats just showing the wrong % and it can be fixed if you completely discharge the battery and wait for an auto shutdown (0%). After this fully charge it to 100% without using the iphone/ipad and wait a few more hours to be sure its reaching 100%. After this perform a reboot by pressing the home and power button at the same time.
    Repeat it once more and you battery should show the right % again. Have had this issue with several different devices and this always fixed it.

• @gmslayton said:
    I just got my wife an 10000 mAh external battery. She does marketing with Chick-Fil-A and is out and about a lot so having that external battery has mitigated the issue.

Can you get me some coupons? : )

• If your phone is an iPhone 6s, you can follow a link from this story which will take you to an Apple page to check for battery replacement status: http://www.idigitaltimes.com/apple-iphone-6s-battery-replacement-find-out-if-your-handset-eligible-service-571750
    The direct link is here: https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/
    I don't know if they are covering other phone models...
    I just got my iPhone back from this replacement program - in the uk, it took 5 days total but I posted it in, if you're close to an Apple Store, they should do it quicker. Unfortunately they took the opportunity to update my iOS from 9.3.5 where I was quite happy, to 10.2 - some nice new features but a few frustrating changes as well! Of course, it also means I don't know if any further battery issues are now because of the new battery or the iOS update!
    My phone was doing the same as @chimp_spanner and @gmslayton - any use when below 20% would usually shut down the phone, plugging in to charge would turn it back on with the same % as when it died, and sometimes it would go from e.g. 20% down to 5%, but it would stay on 5% all day - or turning it off & on would return it to 20%. Frustrating!