Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are the best ways of conserving battery time on your iphone while Using music apps?

dim the brightness.. what else?

Comments

• Turn off Wifi if you don't need it, probably the biggest battery killer !

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Turn off Wifi if you don't need it, probably the biggest battery killer !

But Link!

• Turn off any GPS / location facilities (is that possible on iPhones? It is on Android phones). Chances are, you know where you are. If you're in a place that can't easily pick up a GPS satellite signal it'll keep hunting periodically, despite the futility of it all.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@AndyPlankton said:

But Link!

Yes..that's why i said if you don't need it......you only need the Wifi though if you are using link inter-device...if you are running locally on one device you don't need it.

• edited January 2017

sounds good so

screen dim
    airplane mode
    gps off

• Get a back up battery charge thingy?

They are like $10 or something, no?

• @u0421793 said:
    Turn off any GPS / location facilities (is that possible on iPhones? It is on Android phones). Chances are, you know where you are. If you're in a place that can't easily pick up a GPS satellite signal it'll keep hunting periodically, despite the futility of it all.

Does Airplane mode disable Location and GPS as well as wifi - phone network - bluetooth etc....You can turn on Airplane Mode, and then turn Bluetooth back on after if you are using BT audio or BT Midi

• @AndyPlankton said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AndyPlankton said:

But Link!

Yes..that's why i said if you don't need it......you only need the Wifi though if you are using link inter-device...if you are running locally on one device you don't need it.

I take for granted LiNK sometimes when I am using 2 iPads at once and realize wow, LINK makes a HUGE deal in my workflow.

Throw in the iphone as a controller or accessory for AB remote or MIDI DESIGNER TOOL or SABRE and bam!

WIFI heaven

• no blue tooth

• @RustiK said:
    Get a back up battery charge thingy?

They are like $10 or something, no?

not familiar with those but if it's something else to carry I'd probably end up not using it.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@u0421793 said:
    Turn off any GPS / location facilities (is that possible on iPhones? It is on Android phones). Chances are, you know where you are. If you're in a place that can't easily pick up a GPS satellite signal it'll keep hunting periodically, despite the futility of it all.

Does Airplane mode disable Location and GPS as well as wifi - phone network - bluetooth etc....You can turn on Airplane Mode, and then turn Bluetooth back on after if you are using BT audio or BT Midi

I think it does.

• @u0421793 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@u0421793 said:

I think it does.

cool, thank you good folks

• The CPU usage will also effect battery life so stopping sequencers or having less complex setups when you don't need them is another way.

• Yep, airplane mode == nothing over the air, including GPS.

Not sure if it's already been said but an obvious one: kill all background apps and restart first.

• thanks Info/Syrup... I knew about the bacground apps but not about the 'restart'

• @kobamoto said:
    thanks Info/Syrup... I knew about the bacground apps but not about the 'restart'

It's just cleaning up any left over bits. Do it in airplane mode so none of those services even start.

• cool, thanks for the tip.

• I notice that the biggest difference in standby time for me is switching off all notifications for all apps.

And if you want to keep your battery healthy, do not be tempted to 'fast charge' it using an iPad charger but stick to the original iPhone charger or usb. My iPhone 5S' battery can still last me a day and a half and I've had it since it was launched!

• thanks brambos, airplane mode would stop notifications wouldn't it?

• I use a Mophie Juice Pack which adds a little bulk and weight to my iPhone 6 (as well as protection) and I get 1.5X charges from it. I do a lot of photography and video with the phone, so the additional battery life is crucial.

• Airplane mode. Make sure BT is off too. GPS off. Lower brightness. Make sure all background apps are closed. Make sure all notifications are off for everything, and all background refresh. You already don't have app update on either right? :wink:

BTW: Your phone will charge a lot faster in Airplane mode.

• but does airplane mode nullify all of the notifications as well?

• What about hardware buffer? Presumably running at a higher buffer puts less strain on the processor?