Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

monitoring

Hi. Another thread got me thinking- what are you using that your satisfied with for monitoring? Using headphones has been taking its toll on my mixes, and with a home renovation project coming to a close, I'm in the market for a small wireless speaker system to pair up with my iPad/iPhone.

Comments

• I use akg k702 headphones(more of a mixing/mastering headphones than monitoring, but ofc works for that as well) and speaker stack(2x 3-way and 2-way speakers).

Some small wireless speaker system will just make your mixes even worse. They arent able to output any proper sound. If you dont have sound treated room with QUALITY speakers, its best to go with flat response studio headphones for accurate mixes. Closed back headphones are usually used for monitoring as they isolate some external sounds and dont leak to mics so much, but open/semi open headphones are better for mixing/mastering, as they allow more natural frequency response and you get a better sense of space with them.

• @Thomas said:
    Hi. Another thread got me thinking- what are you using that your satisfied with for monitoring? Using headphones has been taking its toll on my mixes, and with a home renovation project coming to a close, I'm in the market for a small wireless speaker system to pair up with my iPad/iPhone.

Why wireless?

• @decibelle said:

@Thomas said:

Why wireless?

tiny desk and not dedicated to pro audio... trying to keep it clean, thanks

• @Thomas said:

@decibelle said:

@Thomas said:

Why wireless?

tiny desk and not dedicated to pro audio... trying to keep it clean, thanks

I guess you need to decide which you value more, space saving, or hearing accurate reproductions of your work.

• edited January 2017

Get a good DAC / Headphone Amp and some AKG or Beyerdynamic Headphones, like the DT880 pro. You're clearly not willing to make the necessary sacrifices for a good speaker setup...

• You'll probably have very noticeable latency via wireless as well. Definitely unacceptable if your monitoring.

• Panasonic consumer cans + car stereo + 600w celestion system + in ear sennheiser consumer + random stuff lying around the house. The point being: try to get it to sound well on as many speakers as you can and you're safe. The problem with pro equipment is that it is too good.