Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looptunes 1.5 is out

Looptunes (and LooptunesHD) just got a massive update 1.5. It now features recording/resampling directly onto the pads, Audioshare, and Ableton Live Export.
Enjoy.

Comments

• Hubba hubba hubba! Thank you for AudioShare--this is huge to me...

• So I just bought it.

How do you record into the pads? I cant see it as an Audiobus output for example

• @BiancaNeve said:
    So I just bought it.

How do you record into the pads? I cant see it as an Audiobus output for example

Haven't bought it. Yet. But would like to know....

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Hubba hubba hubba! Thank you for AudioShare--this is huge to me...

Quick thoughts on what a blocs/loopy user would find of added benefit here Mister Hubba?

• Impressive list Sonicreef, are the phone and iPad apps identical, trying to figure out which one to get?

• edited December 2016

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Quick thoughts on what a blocs/loopy user would find of added benefit here Mister Hubba?

>

I was wondering the same. Also, I see in their IAP info all that is listed is '20 loop subscription'. :/ Is this some kind of rental scheme.

• You get to download 20 loops from the apps loop store, then you can buy additional packs of 20 loop credits as IAPs

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

This is less in the league of Blocs and Loopy and more in the realm of LaunchPad and Remixlive. The UX of this one is really nice and the killer features are a handy cross-fader and easy access to some nice effects. Importantly, it allows for MIDI learn using a hardware controller, although that's really only a bonus to live performers.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    So I just bought it.

I moved the master recording functionality into the settings. You can arm recording using the record button in the bottom toolbar, on the right side now.
    Then you can hit an empty pad to toggle recording on it.

• @Nkersov said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

>

I was wondering the same. Also, I see in their IAP info all that is listed is '20 loop subscription'. :/ Is this some kind of rental scheme.

the app ships with about 100 loops. You can browse loops online and purchase them using the loop credits. There are 20 loop credits to start with, and you can purchase more via IAP.

• @kobamoto said:
    Impressive list Sonicreef, are the phone and iPad apps identical, trying to figure out which one to get?

they are different.
    The iPad version is called LooptunesHD, the iPhone version is Looptunes.
    iPad version has a couple extra features; 4 extra parameter in pad edit mode (distortion, volume, pan, pitch bend), midi controller mapper, and input channel selection

• I've been made aware of a bug with Audioshare/Audiopaste. I just submitted a bug fix patch to Apple, which will hopefully get approved in the next 24 hours.

• thanks Sonicreef, and is the resampling to pad in sync?

• @kobamoto said:
    thanks Sonicreef, and is the resampling to pad in sync?

in perfect sync :smiley:

• I'm off to buy this but not because I am some indiscriminate Johnny who should instead be getting on with all the stuff in front of him, but just because it's (almost) Christmas etc.

• This looks promising, but i have some questions @sonicreef

Firstly what can i midimap on it? I looked at some video and saw that those effect faders can be mapped. But how about the stutter? It doesent seem like it could, as its an xy pad. But x and y on different faders and pad triggering the effect would be really awesome. But i guess thats bit too much to ask.

I watched some videos and the loops seem to wait till the others(or some clock) starts over, but can you trigger the loops to start mid loop where ever the clock is running at the moment?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I'm off to buy this but not because I am some indiscriminate Johnny who should instead be getting on with all the stuff in front of him, but just because it's (almost) Christmas etc.

that's a spirit :smile: Merry Christmas

• @ToMess said:
    This looks promising, but i have some questions @sonicreef

Firstly what can i midimap on it? I looked at some video and saw that those effect faders can be mapped. But how about the stutter? It doesent seem like it could, as its an xy pad. But x and y on different faders and pad triggering the effect would be really awesome. But i guess thats bit too much to ask.

I watched some videos and the loops seem to wait till the others(or some clock) starts over, but can you trigger the loops to start mid loop where ever the clock is running at the moment?

please don't hold back ToMess those are great common sense request, I don't know what the answers will be but I'm hopeful. I know one thing, this dev took a request that I made a few weeks ago for a major feature and just put it in. I've been asking for this feature from all of the big name competition and all they did was ask me to cough twice ;) I'm going to buy this app right now, it's important to keep devs like this around if we can.

• I'd like to make an additional request along with ToMess's that we be able to move start and end points of loops (with sync and without sync) with faders, that can be midi mapped. and a way to switch between different grid sizes of movement within the loop.

• @ToMess said:
    This looks promising, but i have some questions @sonicreef

yes, the faders can be mapped and you can assign a button/pad or cc controller to toggle the effect.

regarding playing loops instantly, I prefer that time stretched loops play in sync with the beat. I do however want to add one shot (and possibly note on/hold) at some point.

• @kobamoto said:
    I'd like to make an additional request along with ToMess's that we be able to move start and end points of loops (with sync and without sync) with faders, that can be midi mapped. and a way to switch between different grid sizes of movement within the loop.

A loop offset sounds intriguing, to create some interesting patterns, esp. with the resampling feature.

• @sonicreef said:

@kobamoto said:
    thanks Sonicreef, and is the resampling to pad in sync?

in perfect sync :smiley:

thank you sonicreef, <3

• @sonicreef said:

@kobamoto said:
    Impressive list Sonicreef, are the phone and iPad apps identical, trying to figure out which one to get?

they are different.
    iPad version has a couple extra features; 4 extra parameter in pad edit mode (distortion, volume, pan, pitch bend), midi controller mapper, and input channel selection

Think the description on the site reads backwards from this:

Each loop has zero delay feedback multimode filter, controllable via XY pad, a filter LFO and (iPhone only) distortion, volume, pitch, and pan controls

Sounds like distortion, volume, pitch, and pan controls are iPhone only. :)

• @syrupcore said:

@sonicreef said:

@kobamoto said:

they are different.

Think the description on the site reads backwards from this:

Each loop has zero delay feedback multimode filter, controllable via XY pad, a filter LFO and (iPhone only) distortion, volume, pitch, and pan controls

Sounds like distortion, volume, pitch, and pan controls are iPhone only. :)

hmmpf, good point.

• How do you determine the loop length when you record? Can you MIDI map the transport controls including recording?

• @sonicreef said:

@kobamoto said:
    I'd like to make an additional request along with ToMess's that we be able to move start and end points of loops (with sync and without sync) with faders, that can be midi mapped. and a way to switch between different grid sizes of movement within the loop.

A loop offset sounds intriguing, to create some interesting patterns, esp. with the resampling feature.

yes sir!!!

• @sonicreef said:

yes, the faders can be mapped and you can assign a button/pad or cc controller to toggle the effect.

regarding playing loops instantly, I prefer that time stretched loops play in sync with the beat. I do however want to add one shot (and possibly note on/hold) at some point.

much appreciated, and consideration for the option of both ways (he says at a whisper) would be great

• I'm going to have to go back and recommend this app to someone on the fb iPad group who was looking for an iPad replacement for an roland sp-303

• @sonicreef said:

Even the stutter effect?

Yea i meant that playing in sync, but being able to start instantly where ever the clock is running at, instead of waiting till the loop starts from the beginning. You could for example kinda like toggle the loops on and off so that you hear bits of it here and there, or mix two drum loops so that sometimes one is playing and then switching to other quickly without waiting till the loops clock is at the beginning