Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Record iDevice Audio Into PC

Hello! I was wondering what the simplest way to record audio from my iPhone into my PC would be. My 3.5mm input is of horrible quality. I would prefer something on the cheaper side...around $50. I don't need multiple inputs or MIDI or anything.

Comments

• edited December 2016

Studiomux is an app for 10 bucks. Does the job. https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/studiomux/id966554837?l=en&mt=8

• Another thing, just because I feel like this doesn't deserve a separate thread, but does anyone know if this RK-003 passive mixer will garble the signals like a Belkin Rockstar would?

• it doesn't do anything to the signal except some decoupling at the expense of level reduction due to the resistors inside, which (usually) is no problem to the receiving side.
    But the result is hard to predict: there's a lot of variance in output stages and their individual physical conditions. Those tiny device connectors are far from mil specs ;)
    For 1 or 2 devices you can build the resistors right into a DIY cable whip.

• Studiomux or an audio interface dedicated for your ipad, which has its outputs going to the interface you have on your computer. You could get an used steinberg ur12 around or bit under 50.

• @Telefunky said:
    it doesn't do anything to the signal except some decoupling at the expense of level reduction due to the resistors inside, which (usually) is no problem to the receiving side.
    But the result is hard to predict: there's a lot of variance in output stages and their individual physical conditions. Those tiny device connectors are far from mil specs ;)
    For 1 or 2 devices you can build the resistors right into a DIY cable whip.

So then this is a much better option than the Belkin Rockstar?

• I don't know the Belkin Rockstar, but all solutions using the headset connector depend on the actual wear of that connector.
    So the result may vary even with the same type of IOS device.
    Apple regularly changed the electronic driving the connector, so that's another source of variation. Bottom line: the only reliable source is a test record and it's analyse.
    (which is not too difficult)