Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Converting files to sf2

Hey folks
I've been playing a midi wind controller (Yamaha wx11) for a few years now through a Roland XV2020 with patchman patches loaded onto it. I've just got the bismark bs-16i app on my iPad as I've heard it makes for a good sound module. I have the the patchman patches in a "MID" & "SYX" format. Is there any way I can convert these to a sf2 format as I need breath control friendly sounds that are responsive to my wx11??

Comments

• edited December 2016

it's rather unlikely that a converter reads the programming of the Roland and converts it into controller data for sf2. Dynamic response and filter handling usually aren't even similiar.
    I have no experience with 'natural' sounds, but consider Samplemodeling an excellent supplier: http://www.samplemodeling.com/en/index.php
    (it's an entirely new dimension if you come from a rompler sound module and can do an almost perfect fake job, really hard to tell from a live recording)
    Not on IOS, but deserves mentioning for it's class.

If it's about synthtic sound IOS offers a wealth of possibilities and it's recommended to just reprogram the digital horn to take advantage - it's just about 4 controllers anyway.
    I've done this once with the simpler Casio DH200 and applied the same midi CC to several parts of a synth engine (with different limits or scalings) or to stacked synths etc.
    You really need the direct response to set things up, adjusting response to your style of play and sound device.
    In IOS there are lots of apps with great midi implentation, Apesoft/Amazing Noises among my favorits, in particular their effect/modulation handling is outstanding.
    And I love the way they unified midi control: all their apps are identical in that context.
    TF-7 and Mitosynth are also great, but there are more...

• I think the best way to do it is to connect your xv2020 to a computer. By sending MIDI to your roland device and recording audio from it, you can sample your hardware instrument easily

You will need special software to automate the whole process. I usually use AutoSampler from Apple Mainstage (quick tutorial) - after sampling, I convert its output to SFZ and then to SF2 (using Polyphone). There are also other products for sampling like SampleRobot that have more features but also a much higher price.

• edited December 2016

it's not about standard samples of the XV but about patches specifically programmed for a wind controller, the Yamaha WX-11 ;)