Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ANIMOOG AU - you want it?

Well I can't give you that.

I can give you my technique for dealing with such desires.

BUY THE iPhone version and use that simultaneously with the iPad version for "faux" AU.

I really don't need more than 2 instances of any time any way so this works great for me.

I do the same for Loopy and iElectribe. Quite of few cool other options out there.

I know this is common sense but sometimes the simple things are most elusive.

Comments

• AU Everything !

• A U

Get your hands off my gold.

• I want Animoog Studio. Where you can have up to four timbre grids on screen to fuck with

• edited December 2016

Or record to audio and you can use as many Animoog layer as your heart desires.

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

What do you desire..........................

• That's useful. But for me the hold button vanishes grrr
    @RustiK what pad are you running your phone version on?

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

but but but, I wanna tweak those layers while they play together! Gooey animoog synth lines weaving in and out each other as you record knob tweak automation on all the layers. OH BOY!

• @db909 said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:

but but but, I wanna tweak those layers while they play together! Gooey animoog synth lines weaving in and out each other as you record knob tweak automation on all the layers. OH BOY!

I use a midi sequencer to send midi to animoog . Tweak knobs get something good going then record it
    to an audio track while tweaking the knobs. Then start all over on new track with new sound tweak while recording to audio. This method works for me and forces me to commit and move on.

• @Richtowns said:
    That's useful. But for me the hold button vanishes grrr
    @RustiK what pad are you running your phone version on?

Air 2

• Anyone heard anything about animoog getting AU eventually?

• animoog will be never AU.. so i deleted it like all other non-au synths ... RIP

• @ion677 said:
    Anyone heard anything about animoog getting AU eventually?

No.

I think they have plans for ________ _______.

I ..I um well anyway.

No.

• @dendy said:
    animoog will be never AU.. so i deleted it like all other non-au synths ... RIP

Ok

That makes no sense to me personally but who am i.

I find it hysterical that people are "eliminating" "obsolete" apps when in many cases 90% of apps are emulations of 30 year old hardware technology?

Animoog is arguably one of the if not the best example of iOS music making and GUI that maximizes the touch screen interface in an epic auditory manner.

I don't get why it being not AU would mean you delete it.

Each there own.

Personally, I base my apps on the sounds they provide.

Animoog has not match.

• I’d also like to see the bitcrush parameter in the modulation destinations. Why isn’t it?!?!

• @soundshaper said:
    I’d also like to see the bitcrush parameter in the modulation destinations. Why isn’t it?!?!

I would like to see 4 more modulation envelopes! LOL

• I wouldnt be bothered about the synth sound it self being an AU but the keyboard and modwheel functions etc would be awesome as a MIDI AU for playing other apps.

But then again, I havent dived much into the AU Model 15. Is it possible to use the animoog from the AU as a MIDI out to other apps through the MIDI bridge?

• @dendy said:

WOW, I don't think I could do that. I have a few non-AU synths and effects that I use a lot that make my version of wonderful sounds. To me the sound, tone, rhythm, well... music, is what is important. I would hate to think I had to limit myself to only AU stuff. If I could get what I needed out of a trash can lid, I would use it.

• @Calverhall said:
    I wouldnt be bothered about the synth sound it self being an AU but the keyboard and modwheel functions etc would be awesome as a MIDI AU for playing other apps.

But then again, I havent dived much into the AU Model 15. Is it possible to use the animoog from the AU as a MIDI out to other apps through the MIDI bridge?

Why don't you just use MIDI out settings of Animoog to control your app of choice?

Or the same thing with Model 15.

MIDI out channel and select destination app?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Calverhall said:
    I wouldnt be bothered about the synth sound it self being an AU but the keyboard and modwheel functions etc would be awesome as a MIDI AU for playing other apps.

Why don't you just use MIDI out settings of Animoog to control your app of choice?

Yeah yeah, sorry this post was alittle bit of me thinking out loud was talking about as an AU, ive had a look at the app just now and im guessing thats what you can do, i was just curious because MIDI AU was still a new thing. I dont really get Model 15 yet, there is so much to learn about it.

• @dendy said:

Mwhahaha!

In the pile with all those others that have the evil Random button or even have the gall to allow you to close your eyes and paw the knobs/sliders until you get a noise you like?

Quite right, stick to your guns. B)

• It seems to me Animoog would have to be significantly re-architected to work as an AU...

perhaps this work is being done alreadyas the Moog App Store story seemed to hint at this.

• I’d almost rather them make an all new synth. Perhaps a Memorymoog app?

• In AUM i managed to route it to control the Mood AU as a test. Its just note on off with out velocity etc. How i’d be able to control Mood with all the parameters of the Model 15? i dont have time to experiment right now but can anyone confirm that those features would be achieved by patch routing from the controller outputs to the midi bridge?

My concern here is that Model 15 is a power hungry app, a standalone Animoog keyboard MIDI AU could be much easier to program and be way more efficient.

• @Calverhall said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Calverhall said:

Yeah yeah, sorry this post was alittle bit of me thinking out loud was talking about as an AU, ive had a look at the app just now and im guessing thats what you can do, i was just curious because MIDI AU was still a new thing. I dont really get Model 15 yet, there is so much to learn about it.

Nothing to be sorry about.

Let me know if I can help you with any Model 15 or Animoog questions anytime.

My pleasure to help.

• edited January 2018

@Calverhall
    @RUST( i )K

I'm simply tired of switching between apps, or IAA bugs like zombie apps and so on... currently, AU synths which i have fullfill all my needs, i can get from them all sounds i need for my music.. I don't need to have thousands of all possible synths just because they are cool (which animoog is, no doubt) - i realized that less is more for me.. i decided fully concentrate on integrated workflow "everything inside one DAW" whithout switching between other apps...

• Yes, please. I do want it.

• edited January 2018

Deleted by moderator

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.