Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis MIDI controller

Can you recommend a MIDI controller that will work the mixer chsnnel sliders and transport controls , stop, start, record etc in cubasis.
I'm in the market fir a bigger (at least 49 keys) MIDI keyboard and it'd be good if it could do the above too. Tentatively looked at Samson graphite and nektar lx. From what I understand both are capable of working with iOS apps can't find anything to say cubasis specifically.

Comments

• I have the nectar lx. And I like it very much. It does NOT control transport, faders etc. afaik cubasis doesn't support those controls.

• Correct, Cubasis along with pretty much all other apps with the exception of Auria do not support HUI control (apologies if I missed any) meaning most Mixer controllers will not work.....AUM and ModStep have midi learnable mixers, but with them not being HUI you are limited to the number of faders on your controller as there is no paging of tracks without HUI.

• Oh bugger !!

• Wait, @AndyPlankton : are you suggesting that I might control Auria's transport with a MIDI controller keyboard? What about my Behringer UMX 610? Would it work?

• edited December 2016

I was made a script to make my controls work in auria using MidiBridge. I'll see if I can find the thread.
    Edit: Found it
    http://audeonic.boards.net/thread/268/transport-fader-control-cubasis

• @Jakersjaw said:
    I have the nectar lx. And I like it very much. It does NOT control transport, faders etc. afaik cubasis doesn't support those controls.

What is it that you like about the nektar ?
    How well does it work with iOS, and you PC daw ? I've never seen one in person but it looks s but cheap in pictures ? Having said that ,reviews are generally good

• @theconnactic said:
    Wait, @AndyPlankton : are you suggesting that I might control Auria's transport with a MIDI controller keyboard? What about my Behringer UMX 610? Would it work?

I was referring to the Mixer in Auria, it uses Mackie HUI so any controller that supports that can be used. For the transport I think it is MMC (Midi Machine Control) so as long as your keyboard can send MMC from its controls you should be able to yes.....I know I can do it from my Novation Remote 25.

Not having HUI and MMC in Cubasis is a big omission for me as you are restricted to using the onscreen controls and cannot use external devices.

• @enc to be honest, I don't have much to compare with. And old tekniks 800 which couldn't connect properly to midi. Then the irig mini keys, which had to small keys. In that light the xl is awesome :D works perfect with Cubase. I've never had pads before, so i can't compare with anything.

• Cheers man. Ive pretty much discounted the Samson now.
    I've looked at all the reviews and demos of the nektar impact 49 lx+ And the more I see the more I want it ... just need to get the novation impulse out of my mind ... :D

• edited December 2016

I am replacing my Samson Carbon 49 that broke. Ordered the m-audio oxygyn 49 for a really sweet holiday sale price . Looking forward to trying it out but really wish Cubasis would support midi controllers better now!

• @Tritonman said:
    I am replacing my Samson Carbon 49 that broke. Ordered the m-audio oxygyn 49 for a really sweet holiday sale price . Looking forward to trying it out but really wish Cubasis would support midi controllers better now!

I looked at the oxygen 49 and they are almost giving them away at the minute :o
    But the advanced daw intetgration of the nektar is winning me over

• Completely or mostly off topic. The Korg Tacktile now has version 2 software to control Gadget.

• Not off topic at all.. it was one of the early contenders actually. Can't remember why I disregarded it

• @enc said:
    Not off topic at all.. it was one of the early contenders actually. Can't remember why I disregarded it

25 Key version has no rotaries so not much cop for programming the Gadgets....49 key has 8 rotaries i think.

• encenc
    edited December 2016

So i picked up the Nektar 49 LX +
    Fit and finish is surprisingly good ... apart from the keybed ... Steinway quality at this price point ? errr :D :p
    sliders, rotaries and pads all feel great (indecently i had a play with a 2.5K Korg Kronos on display... the sliders were actually pretty poor :o ) the Nektar seems pretty much plug and play... picked up by gadget, imini and Odyssei straight away though the knobs and sliders will require mapping.