Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fabfilter plugins on sale for 25% off

Hey everyone, Fabfilter decided to put all their plugins on sale for 25% off starting today through the end of the year.

Rim

Comments

• @WaveMachineLabs said:
    Hey everyone, Fabfilter decided to put all their plugins on sale for 25% off starting today through the end of the year.

Rim

Great news.

• Wow! But I have them all! What about Pro-R release date?

• edited December 2016

Meh, duplicated message that I cannot delete.

• I do know that they're working on it, but I don't have a release date yet.

Rim

• Shoot, just when I was getting around to the idea that Cubasis would be the final destination for tracks....

So what are the absolute essentials again? Pro-C? What else?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Shoot, just when I was getting around to the idea that Cubasis would be the final destination for tracks....

If you search around there are at least a couple of many-paged threads with takes on that question.

• Pro Q2, Pro C2, Pro L...

• edited December 2016

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Shoot, just when I was getting around to the idea that Cubasis would be the final destination for tracks....

Pro-C2, Pro-Q2.

I also happen to think that Saturn and Timeless 2 are essential effects for iOS. There is no higher quality, and that goes for desktop too.

• Saturn, yes: best soft saturator/exciter, for sure. I usually have it in the mix bus, and sometimes use it in the mastering stage.

• Looking forward to Pro-R release in Auria. I've been playing with the demo in Ableton Live. It's real nice :)

• Thanks for the suggestions (and forgiving my laziness for not looking it up).

My only worry is that Pro-Q2 (and the like) will reveal its magic only to the professional engineer.

• @WaveMachineLabs said:

Rim

Badass! I have been waiting for a sale & it's the rest of the month? Very cool.

• If I slap a pro-q2 and a pro-c2 in every track, around how many tracks can I get away with? (air 2)

I am really tempted to buy saturn, and eventually pro-q2. I already own pro-q but upgrading to 2 is not a must.

• I have the 9.7" Pro, not the Air 2. I never tried that many instances of Pro C2, but with Pro Q2, I do it with 15 or more (as many as 25) without pushing the CPU too hard, with the buffer set to 4096.

• edited December 2016

On an Air 2 you can easily run 25 instances of various plugins with the buffer set to 4096. The only really hungry ones are Saturn (especially if set to high quality), Pro MB and Timeless. Pro C2 and Pro Q2 are quite light on the CPU.

• edited December 2016

@richardyot said:
    On an Air 2 you can easily run 25 instances of various plugins with the buffer set to 4096. The only really hungry ones are Saturn (especially if set to high quality), Pro MB and Timeless. Pro C2 and Pro Q2 are quite light on the CPU.

>

In the (hopefully temporary) abscence of the mighty Doug, it would be great if someone could whip up a few demos to show the rest of us what we're missing.

• My Christmas list continues to grow, I hope people are generous with their vouchers!

• @WaveMachineLabs said:

Rim

About bloody time they stepped up. Time to reap Pro-Q and Pro-L, maybe Saturn if I'm so inclined in the next couple of weeks.

• edited December 2016

@ExAsperis99 said:

My only worry is that Pro-Q2 (and the like) will reveal its magic only to the professional engineer.

No, definitely not. Only one way to get "magic" out of any EQ- use it a lot to learn what it does and why. That's pretty much true of anything in engineering (and probably life too). With that being said, don't think that you can't do a great mix with just the channel strip - you absolutely can. The big thing q2 has going for it is the interface, as it is a different way of looking at it. But, in the end, music is heard so looking at it is not the be all end all.

I do have pro q and Pro c, both very good plugins, but I've said it before - the built in stuff already covers the essentials, any of the plugins are just gravy (but good gravy).

• Was watching a video of Saturn and wow there's so many possibilities to manipulate tracks in ways that I would need more than one app to do what Saturn alone can do, like adding different effects to six frequencies on one sound.

Does anyone know of any alternatives to Saturn that can be used in other apps?

• PSP? Where art thou sale.......... :(

• Turnado and saturn battling it out in my head. Microwarmer standing too close too.

• @vpich said:
    Turnado and saturn battling it out in my head. Microwarmer standing too close too.

Microwarmer is awesome. It's by psp, so not on sale, but worth every penny. That is one thing that does not duplicate an existing auria function (Saturn does too, in a different way. They're both good tools. Microwarmer on the drum bus is deadly)

• Just realised that there already are some seriously good demos in YouTube land. Such as this one for Saturn.

https://youtu.be/dbMa8g_jV2I

• @theconnactic @richardyot thanks for the answers, guys. That's plenty of tracks for my needs.

• Every time I see a FabFilter sale announced I get really excited and go to the Auria "store" only to realize that I have all of the ones I want (all but the limiter and MB compressor both of which I don't need or desire).

• When I first got my iPad last year one of the things that convinced me that iOS music production and in particular Auria was no joke was it's inclusion of FabFilter plugins.

My only experience with them was at a buddy's project studio where he had the filter & EQ. I knew they were no joke, but when I began worrking with iOS & Auria the AppAddict in me was just amazed at all of the great apps available for peanuts.

Now of course I kinda wish I spent a lot of that bread on the FF plugs instead of the quanity of varying quality apps I had amassed. So during this sale I am definitely getting a few like the compressor, EQ and Saturn.

I got Timeless 2 last night and it is incredible. Some of the presets are just so insane, in the best possible sense.

• @JRSIV said:
    When I first got my iPad last year one of the things that convinced me that iOS music production and in particular Auria was no joke was it's inclusion of FabFilter plugins.

My only experience with them was at a buddy's project studio where he had the filter & EQ. I knew they were no joke, but when I began worrking with iOS & Auria the AppAddict in me was just amazed at all of the great apps available for peanuts.

Now of course I kinda wish I spent a lot of that bread on the FF plugs instead of the quanity of varying quality apps I had amassed. So during this sale I am definitely getting a few like the compressor, EQ and Saturn.

I got Timeless 2 last night and it is incredible. Some of the presets are just so insane, in the best possible sense.

Wow, that's a ringing, clear-headed endorsement. So what you're saying is, STOP desperately buying dubious one-off apps, and instead invest in something regarded as very high quality (if less glamorous) by everyone.

Novel idea.

• I have Pro-C 2, Timeless, .Volcano and Saturn and they are a class above - love em.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Wow, that's a ringing, clear-headed endorsement. So what you're saying is, STOP desperately buying dubious one-off apps, and instead invest in something regarded as very high quality (if less glamorous) by everyone.

Novel idea.

Rite of Passage Up The Khyber etc