Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Z3TA is back in the AppStore

No update or anything, just back from it's mysterious hiatus.

Anyone know what's going on there? Any Tweets I missed about it?

It's been on my wish list now for a while. I'm wondering if I should snatch it before it goes away again.

Comments

• So it is. How weird.

• Odd - and I can't say that it inspires cinfidence...

• Ive seen this before with another app, classy app disappears from the app store, and then a few days or weeks later suddenly back. maybe someone just forgot to renew their licence or something?
    definitely good that it is back, of course an update would be even better, but still an amazing and beautifull synth

• This has no connection, but the PC/Mac version of Z3TA+2 was updated in October. The app hasn't been updated since January. But perhaps they will take those improvements and update Z3TA+ on the iPad.

What's interesting is that I have Z3TA+ on my computer, as it comes with Sonar. I would have to pay $50 to get the latest version, Z3TA+2.

But Z3TA+ on the iPad is Z3TA+2 with the new interface. Why they don't just call it Z3TA+2 is beyond me. Very confusing.

• It may be a glimmer of hope for an update. I guess Apple recently purged a bunch of apps from the AppStore, ones that have not been updated. Maybe that's the reason Z3TA disappeared, and if so that must mean Cakewalk were the ones to get it back in.

Of course, maybe they just did so to keep it there, and don't actually have plans for an update. Who knows.

• Oh no, I can’t find it in the AppStore! Will it be back, anyone knows?

• @epfox said:
    Oh no, I can’t find it in the AppStore! Will it be back, anyone knows?

Pretty unlikely since Cakewalk have been closed down by Gibson.

• Well, to begin with, AFAIR Rene Ceballos from rgc:audio is the developer behind SFZ, SFZ+, Z3TA+, Triangle etc.
    Long time ago Cakewalk acquired the little company, but I guess he's still alive and coding (hopefully), so why should he stop?
    Maybe he's reading this and he can chime in...

• @rs2000 said:
    Well, to begin with, AFAIR Rene Ceballos from rgc:audio is the developer behind SFZ, SFZ+, Z3TA+, Triangle etc.
    Long time ago Cakewalk acquired the little company, but I guess he's still alive and coding (hopefully), so why should he stop?

Because when you sell something you dont get it back by default when the purchaser has financial issues, what a world that would be !!!

• @rs2000 said:
    Well, to begin with, AFAIR Rene Ceballos from rgc:audio is the developer behind SFZ, SFZ+, Z3TA+, Triangle etc.

Because when you sell something you dont get it back by default when the purchaser has financial issues, what a world that would be !!!

• @Samplemunch said:

Probably a better world on the whole...

• edited February 2018

That is very doubtful, people/corporations with money are hardly bastians of fair play "I sell you this, then i crush you financially, now i have your money and my property back" would be common place.

• The last beta/update was from CW. So i guess Z3ta went belly up just as much as all of the CW stuff...

• Usually in these situations it's the small company selling to the big company.

But giving the original seller first refusal as part of the bankruptcy process wouldn't be terrible. Particularly given that what usually happens is that the intellectual assets disappear into the void never to be seen again.

• How about people that really like this synth? Are you trying to preserve it forever, ala Alchemy, or have you cast it aside and moved on?

• I’m in touch with Gibson trying to track down the IP

• Yep! This megasynth was my main workhorse along with the noble and mighty Sunrizer when I played keys with church worship band! Blew everyone away when they heard the sonic power coming out the church huge main speakers!

• @Samplemunch said:
    That is very doubtful, people/corporations with money are hardly bastians of fair play "I sell you this, then i crush you financially, now i have your money and my property back" would be common place.

Well, I believe that there is precedent for extracting copyrights from a bankrupt company. A band I was in was given the rights to a few singles when the indie label we were on folded.

• edited February 2018

That is completely different, check your law ;)
    Selling a business and assets is not even slightly related to selling creative works legally.

• They put it back up to see if it earns any more dosh. I wouldn't expect any updates.

• Am I the only one who can’t find this thing?

• Wow, you guys got me to pull out this good old friend! Just had an amazing lunch hour with Z+.
    Had it running in AB3, although the AB3 side panel doesn’t work in Z+, but it does show up in AB3 when used with midiflow midi adapter.

The cool thing about this update is that it doesn’t overwrite your user presets, so the entire presets of the desktop Z+ are intact.. Wow, really thank CW for that last update!

• @Samplemunch said:
    Selling a business and assets is not even slightly related to selling creative works legally.

I'm not looking to get into a legal argument. You seem quite confident, so I'll trust your legal acumen.

But as an abstract thought: Is Z3ta+ a "thing"? Or is it an idea?

• @Telstar5 said:
    Am I the only one who can’t find this thing?

Not in the UK store.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@Telstar5 said:
    Am I the only one who can’t find this thing?

Not in the UK store.

The title of the thread is misleading. If you don't have it, it's gone.

• Purchased it previously but can’t seem to redownload. Not available via iPad app store at least. IOS 11

• edited February 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Samplemunch said:

I'm not looking to get into a legal argument. You seem quite confident, so I'll trust your legal acumen.

But as an abstract thought: Is Z3ta+ a "thing"? Or is it an idea?

It is a 'thing' as you put it, it is Intellectual property, so yes in real terms is a tangible 'thing' (Asset) and is owned by whomever, originally RGC, then Cakewalk, and next will be who ever buys Cakewalk, I cant see them splitting up individual assets unless there is some real slight of hand shenanigans going on at Gibson.

• edited February 2018

Hey guys so sorry, I really thought it was available. I know I was able to download it when I updated my iPad. Really hope it becomes available again :|

• @Samplemunch said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Samplemunch said:

It is a 'thing' as you put it, it is Intellectual property, so yes in real terms is a tangible 'thing' (Asset) and is owned by whomever, originally RGC, then Cakewalk, and next will be who ever buys Cakewalk, I cant see them splitting up individual assets unless there is some real slight of hand shenanigans going on at Gibson.

ok

• edited February 2018

fakenews