Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FL Studio Mobile 3 or Caustic 3

2»

Comments

• @Littlewoodg said:

@supadom said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@supadom said:

@Samu said:

@supadom said:
    Gadget

Imagine Gadget with the sampler from Caustic :D

...and vocoder!

And modular...

I still take gadget over those two. The sound quality and immediacy tip the scales for me.

Yep. I have the same sense, that the Korg sounds better. I wonder what it is about the soft that does that?

One thing I think that's happening, at least in the case of the presets of the VA gadgets I like in the Korg, is that they're almost always "wet" with a little delay, and a little reverb. Reverb and limiter on is the default of the mixer

stuff in Caustic is all commando style out of the box

But I wish Gadget had some of Caustic's gadgets...like a lot of apps in iOS, they'd be better if they were mushed together with other apps

I'm not familiar with the expression commando style in the context you refer here :neutral:

One of the best things about Gadget is the fx stacking. Almost every instrument comes with two built in effect slots on top of the five mixer effects.

Caustic on the other hand has a nice master effect section, allowing control of delay reverb eq and the limiter with an additional extra two fx slots.

There was a time when Caustic was far superior to gadget but in the time since, Gadget has had so many upgrades, an independent developer just can't keep up with a corporation like Korg. Still he is a developer that gets things, like adding the sample editor, the pcm synth, the patterns and linear arranger.

The advantage of FLM over both gadget and caustic of course is audio tracks.

They're all good in their own ways. I had the most fun with Caustic. Hope the passion can get rekindled with 3.2.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@supadom said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@supadom said:

@Samu said:

@supadom said:
    Gadget

...and vocoder!

And modular...

I still take gadget over those two. The sound quality and immediacy tip the scales for me.

Yep. I have the same sense, that the Korg sounds better. I wonder what it is about the soft that does that?

One thing I think that's happening, at least in the case of the presets of the VA gadgets I like in the Korg, is that they're almost always "wet" with a little delay, and a little reverb. Reverb and limiter on is the default of the mixer

But I wish Gadget had some of Caustic's gadgets...like a lot of apps in iOS, they'd be better if they were mushed together with other apps

I'm not familiar with the expression commando style in the context you refer here :neutral:

One of the best things about Gadget is the fx stacking. Almost every instrument comes with two built in effect slots on top of the five mixer effects.

Caustic on the other hand has a nice master effect section, allowing control of delay reverb eq and the limiter with an additional extra two fx slots.

There was a time when Caustic was far superior to gadget but in the time since, Gadget has had so many upgrades, an independent developer just can't keep up with a corporation like Korg. Still he is a developer that gets things, like adding the sample editor, the pcm synth, the patterns and linear arranger.

They're all good in their own ways. I had the most fun with Caustic. Hope the passion can get rekindled with 3.2.

I should have said naked, or unadorned... :)
    Good insights here about the differences among the three.

I focused on the differences in sound, because I'm interested in the psychoacoustics of why some of these products sound better than others...is it sound-engine/software, fx, default loudness etc. I think Gadget sounds great, FLM3 sounds as great, where Caustic can sound as great using the sound tools included. Looking at Gadget I noticed even without channel strip fx added, (taking Berlin as an example, it is a personal favorite among the non IAP Gadgets) there is always a little reverb and delay, in really every patch except init. (And Berlin doesn't have those 2 onboard fx that many of the gadgets include). I'm not being ultra systematic in my comparisons, but ultra dry patches aren't the norm in Gadget.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@supadom said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@supadom said:

@Samu said:

@supadom said:
    Gadget

...and vocoder!

And modular...

I think he meant rugged, rough around the edges. OS X vs Linux comes to mind.

All gadget needs is some kind of rewire method like between reason and cubase a few years back. Basically something that tells the audio DAW gadget is rewired to where exact song position is, that's all.

Rather than getting actual audio tracks I think Korg will either come up with a audio companion app for gadget or just release an audio recorder gadget that will record audio loops rather than a timeline based audio tracks. Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread, I've been enjoying gadget too much lately ;)

• Me too, I'm all about Gadget...
    But I really dream of having some more audio oriented Gadgets (like a real Sampler... Bilbao 2 with more pitching/timestretching and sample edit capabilities would be awesome... Some audio recording tracks for vocals or real instruments, something like the IAA recorder in TableTop, would aslo be awesome,...).
    I also wish some of the iOS music apps had babies...
    Peace.

• @ElGregoLoco said:

>

I also wish some of the iOS music apps had babies...
    Peace.

Imagine if AudioCopy.app and AudioShare had a 'love-child' :D
    Or even better Korg and Steinberg(Yamaha) would do some co-op and merge Gadget and Cubasis.

There is to much 'ego' involved for those things to ever happen...

• Or audiobus and AUM...

• or imagine if the Samplr update just dropped today, or super imagine if hermutt Loby's Playground app had sample import... oooh shiver me timbers..

• edited December 2016

@kobamoto said:
    or imagine if the Samplr update just dropped today, or super imagine if hermutt Loby's Playground app had sample import... oooh shiver me timbers..

:smiley:

• Caustic. The developer is awesome too and easy to get ahold of. Sounds better and has more veriety

• edited January 2018

@Panthemusicalgoat said:
    Caustic. The developer is awesome too and easy to get ahold of. Sounds better and has more veriety

And how does he beat the FL Mobile forum? Developers everywhere and on-tap - http://forum.image-line.com/viewforum.php?f=1964

In the long run, a company like Image-Line is going to develop Caustic into the dust. They are already.

• edited January 2018

Or just wait a few months for nanostudio 2. I miss nanostudio so much since the 32 bit app purge

• @theodolite said:

@Panthemusicalgoat said:
    Caustic. The developer is awesome too and easy to get ahold of. Sounds better and has more veriety

And how does he beat the FL Mobile forum? Developers everywhere and on-tap - http://forum.image-line.com/viewforum.php?f=1964

In the long run, a company like Image-Line is going to develop Caustic into the dust. They are already.

Caustic was always my go-to standalone and it still is great but IMHO FLSM sounds better by a long shot and is still being developed, albeit slowly, while Caustic is pretty much dead in the water for over a year. If you can work within its limitations it’s fine but I get better results from FLSM these days.