Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auxy AP - 2

Countdown has begun per their Instagram page. Interesting fact, on their Twitter, a user commented that Auxy was a nice sketch pad. The devs responded saying basically "sketch pad, we're going for full production thing" (paraphrased). Now I dunno bout y'all, but I require panning in my "full production" apps. I don't get the vision for this app. Very confusing.

Comments

• I love it, easily capable of doing full songs. Can't wait to see what the future brings after talking to the devs a couple weeks ago. They have big plans I feel.

• @tarekith I hope so dearly! Do you know if they plan on live input? That's what kind of stops me from using it as much as I'd like to

• Auxy is amazing. It has a very fast workflow and the sounds are top notch. If they would only add the option to import/record your own loops or a sampler. That would make it my go to app. Highly recommended.

• @nrgb said:

I don't know about the guy's sounds, but I like his own confirmation that 'the thing is to finish, however shitty...'

• Wake me when they add a keyboard or note pad thing. Can't get into the groove drawing blocks. Not anymore. I've tried.

• edited December 2016

I'm a huge fan of Auxy. Despite it's obvious limitations I think it remains one of the most enjoyable audio experiences for iOS.

I do, however, believe they have an identity crisis. The devs insist that it can be used for 'professional' use despite the limitations like lack of midi input. The inclusion of a new sound pack backed by a (somewhat) underground tech/prog producer hints at the people I imagine they would like to be using their app, but a search on Youtube reveals that most people are using it for Katy Perry covers...

• I would use it for Katy Perry covers, if the soundpacks were a little broader. I mean, $4.99 for what, exactly? I picked up the piano pack (Auxy-001), and it's ... OK, sure. But only 11 pianos? Not worth $5 — in my opinion, and compared to what's already available.

• its a great app, in certain ways, it's simple and straightforward and sounds great and I believe in its potential but I mean really, if you don't have midi input at least put a playing surface in there. I will never be convinced that's not a winning move for any app of this sort. At this point, the scale lockable touchscreen keyboard/note pad is practically a staple. Even Noiz added one! NOIZ folks. And to NOIZ's credit, theirs is actually quite nice and something similar would be a good fit for Auxy. The people want to jam!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I would use it for Katy Perry covers, if the soundpacks were a little broader. I mean, $4.99 for what, exactly? I picked up the piano pack (Auxy-001), and it's ... OK, sure. But only 11 pianos? Not worth $5 — in my opinion, and compared to what's already available.

Yeah, I wish these were a little cheaper. Everyone wants new sounds for it, but that's kinda steep for what you get.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I would use it for Katy Perry covers, if the soundpacks were a little broader. I mean, $4.99 for what, exactly? I picked up the piano pack (Auxy-001), and it's ... OK, sure. But only 11 pianos? Not worth $5 — in my opinion, and compared to what's already available.

Picked up the second pack and with no disrespect was a complete waste of money (for me). That extra coffee you don't need (to keep up the metaphor).

• @nrgb said:
    I'm a huge fan of Auxy. Despite it's obvious limitations I think it remains one of the most enjoyable audio experiences for iOS.

I do, however, believe they have an identity crisis. The devs insist that it can be used for 'professional' use despite the limitations like lack of midi input. The inclusion of a new sound pack backed by a (somewhat) underground tech/prog producer hints at the people I imagine they would like to be using their app, but a search on Youtube reveals that most people are using it for Katy Perry covers...

Agree. My problem (me, me, me) is that I talk a good game about limitations but rarely allow myself to be limited. Auxy DOES does do that and then save the midi and away we go. Weirdly I think Medly's better but probably play Auxy more. Habit probably. Or the limitations...

• I opened this today, first time for ages, and had a real faff trying to find where they'd moved the MIDI options to, for about the third time. Even opened the other version to see if I'd got the wrong one.

Now I'm back up to speed I'll have a fiddle with this tonight.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Picked up the second pack and with no disrespect was a complete waste of money (for me). That extra coffee you don't need (to keep up the metaphor).

Yer I picked up the second pack and was also disappointed. They should make these packs cheaper. I think all they all sound quite similar. Guna have a look at medley. I like auxy but these new sounds are to much of a disappointment. Won't be buying anymore.

• this story has never changed.

• Much preferred the original version of Auxy. You were able to duplicate notes easily there. Something they removed for 1 finger panning. Step backwards.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Much preferred the original version of Auxy. You were able to duplicate notes easily there. Something they removed for 1 finger panning. Step backwards.

Miss the note volume control more than anything...

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Much preferred the original version of Auxy. You were able to duplicate notes easily there. Something they removed for 1 finger panning. Step backwards.

Yep

• I don't like the latest version at all, the original was much better. Weird.

• even export of midi files was easier in the original auxy where you could just send it to another app via "open in"

• I'm the oddball I guess, the older version never clicked with me while the new one fits my style of on the go composing perfectly.

• I like both but the new version has the song mode and the transitions which makes it better imo. I like to support Auxy because I think it's worth it but I'll pass on this new pack, not into progressive house at all. Bought the piano one and hopefully the next one too...

• Odd (if entirely human) that I can find myself resenting apps that are closer than others that are further away...

• I'm still not sold on the workflow of Auxy, but it sounds fantastic.