Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus office use

edited August 2013 in App Tips and Tricks

Mic in > JamUp Pro> speaker out

I've been running this scenario this afternoon at my desk to test how well it filters out office distractions. With some good earbuds, I can effectively keep out any noises that aren't relevant and adjust the noise gate, mic input levels, and EQ within JamUp. I can find decent settings where I will still hear my phone, outlook alerts, and people at my door, but nothing else. Perfect! :)

Anyone else using Audiobus for non-music related tasks?

Comments

• Must...resist...urge...

• ^true.

Decreases outside distractions.

Increases potential iPad distractions. XD

• Ha! Fekkin geek. I love this.

• I love this! I,ll be running a spectrum analysis of my wife talking to me, so I can dial it in ;-)

• Haha nice! Though couldn't you just do that in JamUp directly without Audiobus?

• edited August 2013

@rhism shhhh. wrong forum. We're all blinded by audiobus here.

• edited August 2013

Lol.

And there has to be some reliable research on improved work output when regular breaks are taken for spontaneous musical creativity... So put guitarism in the input slot too. :-)

Also, Loopy HD in the output so you can replay those compliments from your supervisor when your productivity skyrockets. :-b

• funnel the rest into MIDImorphosis.

• edited August 2013

Funny thing... Audiobus is actually required for this to work (edit: if i want music playing while I work) When JamUp is not routed thru Audiobus it hijacks the audio stream and stops GoodReader from playing my tunes.

If no music is needed, yes... i guess... you can do it without Audiobus.

But Deadmau5 is conducive to staying productive thru the mid-afternoon groggy mind syndrome. (Works for me).

• I can't get beyond you saying you're playing tunes in GoodReader. What the what?

• I laughed too! Whatever works right?

• yep, whatever works, haha. I'm sure there are way better options. but I'm glad I could provide some comedy =)

the main problem was how much I hate iTunes (definitely does NOT work). So... hey look I can bring in a folder of music from dropbox into Goodreader

• GoodReader does make uploading/downloading and transferring files with Dropbox way easier, you can group and everything. Very nice

• I subscribe to MOG for listening to music at work. 5 bucks a month, decently quality and good catalog. No audiobus support though!

• edited August 2013

MOG doesn't ask the artist's permission and doesn't pay royalties unless you're one of the big corporates. Lots of hoops to jump through if you want them to stop, too.

• edited August 2013

Thats not so Nice :(

Edit: I missed PaulB's response about MOG

Depending on your browser or music player app, it should keep playing in the background and let you set up Audiobus seperately to mix mic audio in with your music. :-) (only a factor if you are using earbuds and need to hear a certain amount of the ambient audio.)

• Well that's just depressing.

• Yeah, but what can you do?

• edited February 2015

Add AUFX:Push to the list of required apps for cubicle music listening.

Set the noise gate and threshhold just right and you can create an auto-ducking effect to filter out all the noise with your tunes, except when people yell at you.

iphone mic - input slot >>> AUFX: Push -Key Input >>> speaker out

music playlist >>> AUFX: Push - Main >>> speaker out

:-)

• @Hmtx I don't have a cubicle but I do have a 12 year who plays Dota 2 for hours on end and through the wall sounds like a whole division of tractor salesmen. Might just be the ticket.

• exactly! a -5db threshold on the noise gate should keep things quiet.