Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria drum tips request

Hoping someone can advise on how to improve on the Lyra drum sounds when driven live, i.e. from a controller or other app. My main interest is related to the levels of the individual parts. For example, from my controller, I'm railed in levels on the cymbals, but they're still not where I'd like them to be. Any suggestions....compression, EQ, effects, settings, etc.? Any other tips on what you've done to optimize the sound overall would be appreciated.

Comments

• Are the cymbals just not loud enough for you or is there more to it?

• Mostly just that, but I'd also like to fatten it up a bit as well.

• What have you tried, and are you seeing any improvements (e.g., adjusting levels/gain/volume, effects on tracks/channels, 3rd party effects/mixers)?

• I can't do much, since all parts of the drum are on a single midi channel. All I can do is try to increase the individual levels at the source (an Alesis DM5 drum kit.) I was hoping there would be a way within Auria to add volume to specific midi notes, or split each note (kit piece) to a separate track, so I could adjust levels that way. I have tried adding EQ and compression and even used some Saturn presets on an insert. I have improved it considerably, but I still think there's more room for improvement.

• Ha...that's funny that I was the one that mentioned MidiFlow in that thread and forgot all about it. I was just thinking that might be what is needed. Getting old is getting old!