Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app.OM guitar 12 digital twelve strings with midi.

OMGuitar-12 Digital Twelve String Guitar with FX par zCage.com Apps LLC
https://appsto.re/fr/1OMCbb.i

Comments

• Definite buy at 2.99 for me.

• edited November 2016

Seems nice, and in keeping with their other work, 12 string electric is pretty and jangly and will be fun through TS, BUT please tell me there's a way to get rid of the graphic in the background....arhghhhhhhh, hyper confusing/distracting/unreasonably unneeded.

[Edit: There is :))

• Looks like you can have custom backgrounds.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Looks like you can have custom backgrounds.

Yup. Rain from my old English window. A little more sedate. Was freaked out there for a minute....

rain.png 417.5K
  • edited November 2016

Did mention playing this through ToneStack, which I will, but I'd be remiss if I didn't note that their builtin in effects sound pretty darn good (distortion, reverb, compressor, delay, chorus, flanger, tremolo, phaser). Very quick and easy to get the full-on California Dreamin' feel.....

• I love the original, so.......... Gettin it!

• Forget AB for a second..is iTunes the only way to export your records out?

Thanks.

• @High5denied said:
    I love the original, so.......... Gettin it!

Me too........

• edited November 2016

@fjcblanco said:
    Forget AB for a second..is iTunes the only way to export your records out?

Thanks.

The original is AB compatible, but this is not apparently?! Hmmm....that's not good.
    (Edit...) app description states AB. I Misread your above statement.

• Nice app.

@fjcblanco said:
    Forget AB for a second..is iTunes the only way to export your records out?

Thanks.

It has Open option to save to Dropbox as well as "open in" other apps.

• edited November 2016

not a fan of these omg apps
    amidio right? sub par quality for my ipad

• The description says it has six guitar models. The screenshots say 4 12-string models. Does this mean that there are two six-string models?

• I recall buying some apps from this developer and seeing few if any updates. Is that unfair?

Do the playing mechanics seem natural? That is, if you are right handed can you strum the strings with your right hand, with the low E closest to your thumb, and select chords with your left hand? I don't think I could get that working on earlier versions of this app.

• @TrustButVerify said:
    I recall buying some apps from this developer and seeing few if any updates. Is that unfair?

Do the playing mechanics seem natural? That is, if you are right handed can you strum the strings with your right hand, with the low E closest to your thumb, and select chords with your left hand? I don't think I could get that working on earlier versions of this app.

I can do this easily, but the chord 'selector' is on the right hand side (which works even more easily for me because I'm cack-handed)

As for @wim's question; I only see 4 'guitars' here: 12 string acoustic, 12 string electric, synth 12 and synth 12 exp.

It is what it is but, still, the best three bucks I've spent today...

• Zcage bought some of the Amidio apps but not all of them and have updated the ones they bought.

• Thanks for the clarification @JohnnyGoodyear. I was mainly asking in order to know whether it would be redundant to get the original six string app as well.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I can do this easily, but the chord 'selector' is on the right hand side (which works even more easily for me because I'm cack-handed)

Me too. It's the way of the future. ;)

• I just bought it for $1.99.

• @TozBourne said:
    I just bought it for $1.99.

Show off :)

• I just bought it. If you press the double arrow icon (under the guitar) the chord symbols, current chord and song, and string symbols flip. If you then lock orientation, you can flip the iPad around and play strings with right hand, lowest string hear thumb, and select chords with left hand at the top left of the (flipped) screen. That's good enough for me.

• edited November 2016

I like the idea of a good 12 string, but these apps all look like dollar store toys. How's the sound/performance?

• edited November 2016

@aaronpc said:
    I like the idea of a good 12 string, but these apps all look like dollar store toys. How's the sound/performance?

It's not like a 12 string. I have the world's cheapest and most battered 12 string, a dollar store 12 string if you will, and it still sounds better than this app. The electric model in the app is the best of the bunch, and is fun to play through Tonestack though. The acoustic model is a bit ugh to my ears though.

• @richardyot said:

@aaronpc said:

It's not like a 12 string. I have the world's cheapest and most battered 12 string, a dollar store 12 string if you will, and it still sounds better than this app. The electric model in the app is the best of the bunch, and is fun to play through Tonestack though. The acoustic model is a bit ugh to my ears though.

Thanks. I've always wanted a real one, too, so I'll just keep an eye out at the thrift stores.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@TozBourne said:

LOL, not intended; but was glad to save a whole $1.00 from the previous price (and dollars are a little more precious right now for me).

As for the app: as others have stated, it's not a great 12 string guitar sound, but with enough effects added I'm hoping it will be useable for something fun.

• @TozBourne said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@TozBourne said:

LOL, not intended; but was glad to save a whole $1.00 from the previous price (and dollars are a little more precious right now for me).

As for the app: as others have stated, it's not a great 12 string guitar sound, but with enough effects added I'm hoping it will be useable for something fun.

Agreed, but I think -with effects- it can most certainly find its place in a mix...